V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D After three years and 35k miles on our Bosses we found ourselves on the rode broke down. We have been all over the east coast from Daytona to St. Louis Mo. and DC. with out a problem. But now we were four hours north of Daytona with a water pump out on Karens trike.

So I called Mountain Boss at in Daytona to ask for trouble shooting help. After checking the fuse, wiring, etc. we new the pump was toast. So I told them goodby and started making plans. Now what do I do? 10 hrs. round trip to Atl. for my truck or 8 hrs. round trip back to Daytona for a new pump. Where do we leave the trike? Will it be safe?

While we were making plans, Mountain Boss Hoss "CALLED ME BACK" on my cell and said they are on the way to fix the trike.

Now please keep in mind that Karens trike is a 2002 and is not under waranty. This water pump failure is in no way the fault of Mtn. Boss Hoss. Mtn. Boss is in Daytona in the middle of Bike Week and I DID NOT ASK THEM TO COME FOUR HOURS UP THE ROAD TO SAVE US. But that is just what they did for us. In a few hours Joe had the water pump installed and we were on our way home.

Mtn. Boss has always given us great service. But this is way above the call if you ask me. Would Harley, Honda or anyone you know of do this for you?

Thanks to Joe and Tom for saving our vacation.

Crazy Rick & Karen :wink:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Rick,

That is incredible. Very glad they were willing to do that for you and Karen. I have never heard anything but the best about those guys at Mountain. I needed a tire put on while in Daytona and I talked to them about doing it and they were extremely nice and honest in that they were just going to take the tire off the bike and carry it to a tire store. I wound up letting Randy at Highlander Boss Hoss do it since he had all the equipment in their hangar. Good folks there, too.

I had a good experience with the factory while there. I didn't feel comfortable riding my bike back up to St. Augustine because the rear tire was so bad. Rad agreed to let me leave my bike at the factory trailer overnight since they had security watching their demo bikes. Doug was very helpful by getting me cell phone numbers for Mountain and Highlander. Good folks at the factory.

Oh, I was talking to a guy in the hotel parking lot a couple of days ago about my bike and he said he had only seen one before at an airshow and that guy was wild. I said that could only be Crazy Rick. You're a legend.

C ya.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Hi Rick

Out of all the dealers I have met you are right about Mountain Boss being good folks to deal with. Living on the left coast we have to substitute something for that type of a problem and that is Good Sam towing service. They will tow you Motor Home, Car, Motorcycle to the nearest dealer with no mileage restrictions. I have had my Motor Home towed 90 miles, and my Motorcycle towed twice over 150 miles to my house, so it is important to have a good tow company if you are 800 miles from the nearest dealer.
AAA is good but in northen California they won't haul Motorcycles or Motorhomes. Good Sam is good all over the USA.

Adrian

·
Registered
220 Posts
I heard about the great service that Mountain provided you and Karen while we were down there. It was really awesome. You don't get that kind of service from anyone anymore.

I have a story to share also. . .

The first day in Daytona I had problems with my water pump and my fuel pump. After checking the fuses and wires I figured that the pump was bad. I eventually got my bike over to Tim Siron Boss Hoss and they took a look at it. They decided that the fuse block was going and told me that I needed to put a fuseable link in. They put the Boss in their trailer and Chuck went to work. Twenty minutes later the fuseable link was installed and my water pump and fuel pump problems were gone.

The price for this?? $20 even. Just the price of the fuseable link. Didn't charge me a dime for labor.

Good guys at Siron's Boss Hoss.

Hoss

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
crazy_rick said:
Mtn. Boss has always given us great service. But this is way above the call if you ask me. Would Harley, Honda or anyone you know of do this for you?

Crazy Rick & Karen :wink:
Rick

Glad to hear everything worked out on the waterpump. It doesn't surprise me about the customer service you got. Sorry I didn't get to see you guys in Daytona ... I'm already booked for Oct so if not before maybe at Biktoberfest!

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Fellows I wouldn't give up my beautiful California life but man I sure wish we had a good
local dealer such as Mountain, Tim Siron, or any of the other great ones.

Adrian

·
Registered
543 Posts
The dealer is the key to you being a satisfied customer or not. Unfortunately the dealer, and I use that term very losely, that I bought mine from in NJ were terrible. I guess that is why they are no longer a Boss dealers.

When I go down to Daytona I always make it a point to stop in on Mountain. They are always willing to talk and give out helpful information regardless of who you bought you bike from. A primo dealership. Stamford Boss Hoss out of Conneticut are the same way, extremely good friendly people. Always there to help you out.

FastEddie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts