V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 2000 sb, the 4 small gauges have 'boss hoss' at the bottom and 'auto meter sycamore, il' in small print at the top. all 4 needles are black on white faces. my speedo has NO printing and the needle is white on a face. I want to send the speedo to the mfgr to get a black needle b/c the white on white is difficult to see especially at night. there are no mfgr indicators on the back. there is only a ratio sticker: '2240:60' and 1998 1. the 'boss hoss' p/n from bosshoss.com is 7110100. does anyone know if the speedo is 'auto meter'? thanx, Lincoln brier

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
No, Stock HD, IMHO.
It drives off the front wheel
with a speedo cable, right.
It would maybe cost less
to just outright buy a new one.
What you have is a cheap
nock off of a HD speedo.
Part of the reason MBH sells
so well and for more money
is that they replace a lot of
stock BH items with the good
stuff. Quaility sell. I've been
to MBH and have seen the piles
of stock BH parts they have
replaced. This was back in the
mid and late 90's. Turn signals,
speedo drives and headlights
were just some of the parts
they replaced.

Paul H

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, you are right Paul. it drives off the front wheel w/ a cable. I never would have guessed it was hd or hd knock off. thanks for the reply. Lincoln.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
on my 2000 sb, the 4 small gauges have 'boss hoss' at the bottom and 'auto meter sycamore, il' in small print at the top. all 4 needles are black on white faces. my speedo has NO printing and the needle is white on a face. I want to send the speedo to the mfgr to get a black needle b/c the white on white is difficult to see especially at night. there are no mfgr indicators on the back. there is only a ratio sticker: '2240:60' and 1998 1. the 'boss hoss' p/n from bosshoss.com is 7110100. does anyone know if the speedo is 'auto meter'? thanx, Lincoln brier

I am almost it is a custom Chrome

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Custom Chrome or Drag Specialty...but there are different size ends on the back of the speedos for the cable to screw onto...not sure how to get the right one other than trial and error..

I had to buy one from the Boss Hoss Factory a year ago and they had them for $100 so they may still carry a few.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I had to buy one from the Boss Hoss Factory a year ago and they had them for $100 so they may still carry a few.
i now have had the speedhut for a few years and it is great. lincoln

1 - 10 of 10 Posts