V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be down the road from Highlanders at the Sunshine Mall most of the week so if you want to hookup give me a call on my cell 423-552-0728

It would be nice if we could all hookup for dinner one of those nights. :D

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
That would be nice, Lamont. I will be down on the 26th of Feb and will have to go back home on the 3rd. I'll drop by to see ya for sure.I know a lot of folks probably feel like Jack in that they don't want to be tied down but I sure hope somebody will head up a group event of some sort. Supper, ride, main street parade... I look forward to being around some other Bosses. I plan to be filling her up on a regular basis! C ya there.

Chris
Cell 919-413-1427

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Don't take me wrong , I'm not antisocial and I'm not against a group ride . I just think know it's tough for a group of bikes to hang together long in a crowded environment like a bike rally and especially a group on Boss Hoss's. Lets plan a ride to somewhere where their is plenty of parking and not a huge crowd. Down The Hatch on Ponce Inlet comes to mind or someplace like that.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I know exactly what you meant, Jack. You're right that it is tough to park a herd of Hosses. Any ride would be a good one. Up A1A to St. Augustine for seafood or down US1 to Titusville and some rock shrimp at Dixie CrossRoads! Yeah, that's the ticket.

Lookin' forward to it.

Chris

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HogV8 said:
Don't take me wrong , I'm not antisocial and I'm not against a group ride . I just think know it's tough for a group of bikes to hang together long in a crowded environment like a bike rally and especially a group on Boss Hoss's. Lets plan a ride to somewhere where their is plenty of parking and not a huge crowd. Down The Hatch on Ponce Inlet comes to mind or someplace like that.
Agreed. We are staying south of Daytona (New Smyrna Beach) and there are a lot of great places to eat around there. I know that a lot of us ate at Highlanders last year and that was pretty good and parking was not a problem. I'm not a Main street rider, the farther away from the big crowds I am the better I like it. :) Just give me a call anytime and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I usually ride up and park as near as I can to Main street one day and walk around eat , drink and people watch . The rest of the week I' m a bar hopper . Each day I try to go in a different direction but I do try to hit all the hot spots and I go to Highlander quite often because of all the other Boss's there . We usually start fairly early , and I try to be back to the hotel by dark . I've seen too many crazies out there after dark . I know there are a lot of people that don't go out until it's dark and if that's their thing , to each his own . I might be wrong , but St. Augistine seem a little too touristy for me. Regarless of what we do down there it's better than 6' of snow and -18 degree weather .

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I be getting into town on the 29th. Hope to meet some of you while I'm down there. I'm sure I'll run into some of you guys at Highlander and down the Speedway. I don't have any set plans except to stay warm and have fun ... I plan to leave the house 24 or 25 and doing some riding on the way down to FL but until I leave I will keep an eye here and see if any plans develope. Maybe a local guy - hey Dave your being paged -
might have an idea/plan for group ride or dinner someplace?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hey V-man,

I'll probably be a day ahead of you but I'll keep my eye out for you. You riding down I-95 or staying off the big road?

Jack, you're right. St. Augustine is touristy. In fact, I am staying up there during bike week. I couldn't take advantage of Steve's condo because I won't be there the full week. I'm too cheap to pay the kind of money they charge during bike week for rooms. I'm paying 1/2 to 2/3rds less than I would in the Daytona area. Okay, did I mention I was cheap? I need to break down and by me a week or two and be done with it. I love to ride the Boss so I won't mind the haul everyday plus it is a very scenic ride down the ocean. I am like Lamont in that the more time I can spend chasing the sun and less time going from light to light the happier I'll be. Luckily, I lived there for a few years and can avoid most of the hassle traffic when I need to.

We'll see how things play out. It is a lot different from the rally where we're all gathered together at a central location to work from. I'm just looking forward to some warm weather and good riding. . I'm sure most of us will cross paths at the Highlander at some point. C ya'll there.

Chris

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Jack,

You might be able to **** some of these guys, but Vic & I know why you like to get back to the hotel by dark :wink: I think it has something to do with that yooung bride of yours 8)

You have to be easy on these youngsters down there Jack, take 'em to the Cabbgae Patch & PUB44 for the day, the stop at the First Turn on the way back.........that should keep them grinning for a couple of hours.

Have a great time...........say "Hi" to Cheryl for us

Tim

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Ncbosshoss said:
Hey V-man,

I'll probably be a day ahead of you but I'll keep my eye out for you. You riding down I-95 or staying off the big road?

Chris
Chris

I am planning to hit Deals Gap and that "area" before I get to Daytona so I will be coming down RT81 this time. I normaly do take I95 all the way down and it's a nightmare!

I used to stay in St Augustine. I like the ride down 1A but hated the salt that ends up all over the bike! Clean them in the morning and clean them at night just to keep the salt OFF. The hotel I used to stay at was very good with allowing us to use water to clean the bikes up ... till they sold the place. Last year (two tears ago now) I stayed there they were miserable ... so we moved :? This year I am staying in New Smyrna Beach and spending a little better then half of what St Augustine used to cost me :shock: I am a happy camper!

See you down there!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Daytona

Karen and I plan on riding down on friday for the 1st weekend and riding home on monday. Not much time, but thats all I can do this year. We will be hanging around the Highlander, hitting a few bars for people watching and seeing old friends.

The Iron Horse has up front Boss parking, but you better go early.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Tim , I take care of business in the morning because if you start partying as early as we do , who knows what shape you'll be in by dark. Sure wish you , Vicky and Wag were going .

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Jack,

So do we.......kinda figured the painter would screw us again this year...........he's very good, but he is not reliable at all. Oh well....that's why we didn't put too much energy into planning the trip. I think I could end up down there during the show, but it would be for a trip to my bosses boat in Ft. Lauderdale and I would have to ride his Road King to Daytona...we're still kicking it around but I'll know where to find you guys.

Tim

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey Ya'll.I'm answering my Page.......I'm from Daytona and the Best place for Seafood is Our Deck, under the Dunlawton Bridge (Port Orange)....Also a secret little spot on the water In New Symyrna I took Chris and Marv and His Gang last year.
.....Lamont,I've got a neat laid back ride thru the Canaveral National Seashore which cuts off US-1 in Oak-Hill.I know every back road and alot of neat spots.
I'll be there the first weekend and then Back to Sarrasota on the west coast of Fl. for 4 days and head back to Daytona for Fri,Sat, and Sun.
I'll hook up with everybody at Highlanders (Early!!!)
Sure looking forward to seeing everybody again......

Badger....Dave. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts