V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And let's just talk about UNDER 45 MPH. Difficulty from 0-5 MPH , 0-30 MPH, 0-45 MPH. The stuff that someone would experience in the first 5 minutes.
My Kannon is a *****cat! Very easy bike to ride slow. My 1971 Honda 500 Four with the sidecar, now that's a handful and a hard bike to ride.
So many of my buddies who can ride regular metric bikes, can't even imagine trying the V8, even though it is such a nice mannered sweetheart if you leave the go button alone (the 75% of the throttle I rarely use).
I nominate my 71 Honda 500 Four with sidecar, much harder to ride than my Kannon.
Any old Kawasaki triple owners in the pack?
Patrick

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had an 86 Honda V65 Magna that was very top heavy and tippy when doing slow speed maneuvers... that was a hard one to ride at slow speeds, but that V65 could sure giddyup when you asked it to... had a lot of frame flex too as I remember and would get a little wobbly in the twisties if you werent careful....

MosaV8!

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Yammer Midnight Venture was top heavy and I learned to stop at corners staring straight ahead and have a foot down before looking around.

A habit I still have today.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a '79 Yamaha 750 Triple. Would not turn! Great bike for highway blasting, but I could not get that thing to lean over. My Kannon is the easiest bike I have owned as far as slow speed riding. Does anyone know if they allow automatics in the slow ride competitions? I might stand a chance if they do.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I had a 1974 850 Norton Commando back around 1980 or so. The hard part about it was that the shifter was on the right and the rear brake was on the left. Took a bit of getting used to :?

·
Registered
616 Posts
2003 BMW K1200LT. Hardest mutha to ride I've ever been on. Top heavy and miserable low speed handling. Parking lot handling is dangerous. Great at higher speeds. All the negative aspects of that bike btw, were changed with the '05 model. A dream touring bike. Needless to say, traded my '03 in for a new model.

Elliot

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Sorry guys but the Boss on a slanted, graveled parking lot in reverse is the toughest to stay upright with that I've ever encountered. At 5'8" with these short legs, heavy bike and no foot traction...no contest!...Joe
PS. If you discount the Boss...I rode a Mach III Kawasaki two stroke in 1972 (FAST!) that was the most frightening thing in high speed turns I've ever encountered...talk about wobbles!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts