V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

How would you describe your riding style most of the time?

• I only bought my bike to match my Corvette and never ride.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a Poser, I ride my bike like a scooter when I ride.

• I don't ride hard but I like to ride.

• I ride hard sometimes but mostly just cruise.

• I ride hard most of the time and cruise some of the time.

• I ride hard all the time and do burnouts when I'm alone.

• I ride as if it was my last day on earth!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we are all different here and some like to ride a little harder than others. How do you ride? If none of the above fits you then tell us how you like to ride. I know I should have been thrown in jail a few time last week. :twisted:

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I only ride fast when I've got wide open spaces in front of me. I found a connector highway to Drumheller, Alberta the other day that was 30 miles and deserted. Whipped it up to 100-110 and just cruised. That was fun.

I try not to do anything stupid around town.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I like to take it out and play with it when I am by myself...... :oops: (THE BIKE!) But I try to keep it cool when commuting or riding around town. Riding with a group I do an occasional burnout but try to keep the people around me in mind and just cruise.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do low speed rolling burnouts count?

I just putt. Slow cruising on the baddest bike in town. With the occasional slow rolling burnout, usually for onlookers.
It's great to have a bike that I like to ride slow.

·
Registered
2001 SB; BHC-3 2001 BB; BHC-3 502
435 Posts
Riding

I like to ride in the Alps as well as going down a straight road, the first a little slower, the second sometimes a little faster. :wink:

In the Alps you really have to work to get around the turns. In a mixed group you are with the slower ones in the turns. But you easily can catch up on the straight parts in between.
Anyway it feels great when you overtake slower ones and they nearly fall of their motorcycles by just looking at you…

I hope this link works for some nice pics:
http://service.gmx.net/mc/covaLVHnp27MS ... oYPwN1eEgm
This link is valid thil 05-06-25
Just click on the "GMX MediaCenter starten" button in the first window.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I ride one of the Boss's to work ever day and it is usually in the passing lane. My wife rides her's to work on Friday's.
The wife and I rode our Boss's to Myrtle Beach from Titusville, Fl and rode a couple of hundred miles a day while we were there.
We are planning a trip to Dyersburg for the factory event and then on to Ohio for my Grandma's 100th birthday party in September.
We usually ride on weekends, even if it is just 20-30 miles for breakfast. As you can see, We like to ride and fine any excuse we can to get on the Boss's.
Milo

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome Martin,

Those are great pics......

Anybody else notice that theres just one wooden 2x4 for a road barrier over the CLIFF??? lol..

As for me, I am still getting used to the bike and only have moments of 'one with the bike' so I dont ride as hard now as I did with the Valkyrie, but I am sure that will change... one thing I have to do is get the pipes higher so I can corner better... not used at all to the limited angles of the BH yet...

I plan on doing some pretty fair distance riding on this bike soon... I want to make it bulletproof so I can just ride ( but take all necessary repair parts with me just in case...)

MosaV8!

·
Registered
2001 SB; BHC-3 2001 BB; BHC-3 502
435 Posts
Hi everybody.

Thanks for that warm welcome.

@LaMonster: Thanks for refining my posts

Riding the Alps is really great.
There is just one little disadvantage: If you have to get to a certain place, there are always mountains in your way :wink:

Usually there are two wooden barriers, but the lower one was broken :shock:
Some of them they even remove with the stilts in October to prevent cracking them by an avalanche :?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I mostly just cruise to keep those flashing lights from coming up behind me, but once in a while I can't take it anymore and I must let those secondary's move. WOW WHAT A THRILL !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Martin,

Welcome to the board! Those pictures are great. One of these days I'm going to get to Europe and tour around on my Boss Hoss. Unfortunately I still have to work for a living.

The pictures remind me somewhat of our Canadian Rockies, but more of NW Montana. There is a great road there called the "Going to the Sun" highway and runs between Columbia Falls and St. Mary. I heard it was built during the 1930's during the Great Depression. If any any of you guys are up that way this summer you should try to find the time to do that road, and bring your cameras!!

Bryan

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
crazymf said:
I only ride fast when I've got wide open spaces in front of me. I found a connector highway to Drumheller, Alberta the other day that was 30 miles and deserted. Whipped it up to 100-110 and just cruised. That was fun.

Stu, would that be Highway # 56 ?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I cruise most of the time but at 80-90 mph. Some burnouts when alone and an occasional one for the crowd. I love hitting the secondaries at high speed and getting that rush...Joe

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Bryan Ward said:
crazymf said:

Stu, would that be Highway # 56 ?
Actually I was over on 36 doing the roundabout route and gassed up in Castor. About 12 miles west of there is a secondary highway heading south from Halkirk. Number 855 to Byemore. There is sweet tweet on that hwy but smooth pavement for 30 or so miles. I cleaned out the carbon good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts