V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

We Have Another New Boss Rider In E. Tn.!

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  EastnMike 
#1 ·
Hey all...one of the guys I try to ride with when we can get together (he has had several absilutely stunningly beautiful Valkyries, and currently rides a beautiful Valk), has wanted a Boss Hoss since I first rolled into town on the '97 I had. After I traded for the 2002 auto I have now, he had a burning desire for a Boss, just like I did before I bought mine! He has looked at several different bike, thought about buying one (rocket 3, etc.), but his wife asked him the ultimate question..."will you be happy with it? I KNOW you want a Boss Hoss, so you might as well buy one"!
So I rode the Boss to work today, and was out giving her a bath when the phone rang this evening. He said he wanted to come over to look at the Boss again of course anyone is welcome, then he told me he bought one! He and his wife leave out tomorrow night for Florida to pick it up. He purchased a 2001 385 from the Lakeland area, with 6000 miles on it!
So we ran through some thing about the Boss together, and I answered what questions I could. He (as I was, and probably you too), is so excited, I told him he was going to have a terrible time tonight just trying to sleep :lol: He agrees... :lol:
So hopefully, we will soon have a new member here to share info and stories with! His name is Gary, and I have been telling him about this site, and how everyone here is like family. He should be back in town Saturday, and I can't wait for that first ride with him...and see that "Boss Hoss Smile" on his face like I have every time I start mine up :lol:

See less See more
#4 ·
I bought a Valk

I bought my Valkyrie AFTER I bought the Kannon. It's no V8, but it sure is a Porsche 911 motor. The Valk opposed six it has the same throttle responce, exhaust note, power band, incredible torque, great clutch as my 3.2 Carrera.
With perfect condition Valks going easily for $8-$9K, they make a great complitment to a V8.
I recommend Valkyries!

#6 ·
EastnMike said:
Hey all...one of the guys I try to ride with when we can get together (he has had several absilutely stunningly beautiful Valkyries, and currently rides a beautiful Valk), has wanted a Boss Hoss since I first rolled into town on the '97 I had. After I traded for the 2002 auto I have now, he had a burning desire for a Boss, just like I did before I bought mine! He has looked at several different bike, thought about buying one (rocket 3, etc.), but his wife asked him the ultimate question..."will you be happy with it? I KNOW you want a Boss Hoss, so you might as well buy one"!
So I rode the Boss to work today, and was out giving her a bath when the phone rang this evening. He said he wanted to come over to look at the Boss again of course anyone is welcome, then he told me he bought one! He and his wife leave out tomorrow night for Florida to pick it up. He purchased a 2001 385 from the Lakeland area, with 6000 miles on it!
So we ran through some thing about the Boss together, and I answered what questions I could. He (as I was, and probably you too), is so excited, I told him he was going to have a terrible time tonight just trying to sleep :lol: He agrees... :lol:
So hopefully, we will soon have a new member here to share info and stories with! His name is Gary, and I have been telling him about this site, and how everyone here is like family. He should be back in town Saturday, and I can't wait for that first ride with him...and see that "Boss Hoss Smile" on his face like I have every time I start mine up :lol:
You boys need to come on out to Maggie Valley next weekend. There will be 4 Bosses there that I know of and it's a great place to ride. A lot of us will be there Friday through Sunday. 8)

#7 ·
Lamont...you have no idea how much I want to be at Maggie Valley. I have watched for it all year, but as of now I am scheduled to work 12- hour nights all next weekend, starting Fri. through Mon night. /.....Then again, I may catch a cough........one never knows...it has been a while since I have been out sick, about 3 years now...HMMmmmmm..... :twisted:

#9 ·
Sweet Valk!

LaMonsterV8 said:
Bill Taylor said:
Tom,
I have noticed the same thing, that many Valk riders convert to the Boss... maybe more than from any other bike?

Bill
It's a power thing. Yes that is Nitrous and a blower on my bike, with flame throwers. :twisted:

Very nice Valkyrie Bill!
Damn, what kind of car do you have in the garage?
Patrick

#10 ·
I also was a Valkyrie guy in fact I tried to get Lamont to ride mine at Laughlin a few years ago but he told me "If I rode one I would have to have one". He rode one later and now he has one.
Both the Gilly brothers were Valkyrie riders also.

Adrian

#11 ·
My long trip riding buddy sold his Valk and went for the Rocket III Triumph. Same approximate size but MUCH faster. He's no gearhead and was intimidated by all of the work I've done on the Boss to get it "right".
He also wanted more cornering clearance than the Boss has (as I do) and I couldn't talk him into a Boss. He's ridden my Boss but he's the type of guy that needs a production bike to feel secure. Different strokes...Joe

#13 ·
Cornering clearance?

ZenBiker! So your's is one of the decent Boss Hosses that's been seriously dialed in and I read you are working on ground clearance. It's one of the bikes I'm afraid to ride because I might LIKE it and have to buy a new 502 Boss Hoss. My poor old Kannon is a bit of a turd above 130, nothing like a tight sportbike, sounds like you've been working it to get it to work for your typical load weight and riding style.
How long would you say you've been tweeking it?
How far do you think you still need to go?
Are you sure that buying a GXR sport bike for $7K isn't another way to get the clearance and... that you seek?
Patrick

#14 ·
Here are a couple of pics of Garys new Boss. As we were (and I still am :wink: ) tickled to death to own a Boss, he is all smiles:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.