V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what happened to Vic (I forget his last name) and his tranny that was a hot point of discussion a year or so ago?...joe

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Reilly just got it back from Vic for the 4th or 5 time and has been able to ride it a total of 2000 miles or less from when he started this ordeal. The last time he put it in (last week) the seal leaked so bad he has not been able to try it out. If anyone has had a bummer deal Reilly has had it. I am sure glad we all didn't jump on the band wagon and let this guy Vic stick it to us like he has done Reilly.

Adrian

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe poor Reilly will post here or maybe you can tell us about it. I was fairly close to considering the trans when I dumped my second Nesco but Vic never got back to me...Thank God!...Joe

·
Registered
538 Posts
Richards VR2 tranny

Some of you may recall that Vic 'guaranteed' performance of the VR2 tranny vas a 'proven' product. When some of us questioned why we should buy an untried product his response was 'I'm Vic Richards, I have nothing to prove to anyone'. Evidently you have a lot to prove in the customer service area. The car trannys he makes may be great (I don't know) but this thread notes the kind of quality and service that the current product has. I have no dog in this fight, I did not purchase the VR2. Till I see a serious, proven tranny it's the Nesco for now.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Vic (Richards) is as full of hot air as a bag of farts. When I heard the chain of events with John (Reilly) and the timelines involved, it was more than shameful. It was apparent way back when that Vic was underfunded, without a business plan and extremely arrogant. Anyone who considers one of his tranny's or bikes didn't do their due diligence very well.

And I haven't forgotten the "Canada" piece of it. Sorry Bryan and Barry but I haven't purposefully or knowingly spent one nickel for a Canadian product including the frequent visits I used to make to BC since hearing the prevailing Canadian attitude toward our President and policies. I do know there are many that don't share that mindset up there but there are too many that do. Vic was probably one of them.

Elliot

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Elliot

There are a lot of things going on in the US and Canada that are just dumb ass polotics with the media playing the hand of the guy with the biggest pocket book. I do not agree with poloticians on either side of the border and I do not hold you personally liable for the thoughts of a small minority of very power and hungry business community with the means of effecting the mind set of a continent. To believe all that comes across a controled media is nieve. If everyone thought as you ther would be a lot of riders missing a lot of beautiful country. I am still going to do the west coast USA this year . I hope you can see passed the smoke and mirrors in the future.

Bill

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Elliot,

While I find Americans generally a little over self centered, I generally agree with the political leadership in these times. (Bush) Somebody needed to go and put some hurt on the idiots in the middle east who think they can go around blowing everything up. I also generally wasn't happy with Canada's non-participation in some of the major events. (Iraq)

Keep in mind that here in Canada, we can not vote for our leaders directly. We must vote for parties. Also, the vote moves from east to west through the time zones and generally with the people base primarly in the east, the election is set before we even vote in Alberta.

Western civilization is a resource vacuum and because America AND Canada needs all the oil supply the world can produce, we will be wherever it is and making sure it flows. Don't ever kid yourself why everything is going on right now. Just wait until China wants more oil than is available. That's a scary thought.

I don't know this Vic guy so no comment on him. If he's anything like our prime minister, keep your hands on your wallet at all times because he's a crooked son of a b*tch.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Re US/Canada:

I'm 'A political'.....personal opinion is that the Canadians & Americans better get their poop in a group, and get the Mexicans on board, we all share a continent and we're the only ones who can control the borders from outside threats......Maybe it's time to become a little more 'isolationist' in our imagration posture ??

Personally, I would rather see the US spend ALL of it's foreign aid in Mexico and bring their standard of living up to ours. Then there would be no reason for them to come north and get exploited for the low wage jobs we think we're "losing" to them. Do that and there would be no drug trafficing to speak of through Mexico in a very short period.....Expend our border protection to the true borders of the continent and quit worrying if a Canadian is bringing in too many pairs of shoes or some US fisherman is taking too many cartons of cigarettes into Canada or some Chicano is smuggling in a bottle of Don Julio......

I'd sure as hell rather be standing shoulder to shoulder with a couple of Canucks & Hispanics in a street by street defense of my neighborhood than a bunch of Somalis or middle eastern freaks.....don't you ever wonder why these folks flock to our country rather than taking control in their own ?? Visit Somalia or the middle east...........you'd want to come home quick :lol:

Tim

·
Registered
616 Posts
Gents,

Have to stand by my original statement that simply implies that my only way of making a statement other than some gibberish on m/c forums is via my wallet. I recall numerous brushes last visit to BC where some of the younger Canadian working folks in the touristy spots such as Banff and Jasper were quite vocal over their displeasure of American political positions and agendas. I didn't talk to one who favored our position or had the feelings they should with respect to Sept 11th. I then recently saw an interesting interview by Shawn Hannity of two Canadian journalists, both with prominent newspapers, who had done polls of Canadians taking their temperature of their attitudes with respect to American politics and people. It was extremely skewed toward resentment and hostilities. Add to that the position of Canadian gov't and their lack of supportive efforts but tons of negative rhetoric and it substantiates it not being an isolated incident. Not the least of which I may add is the huge and continuing growing number of Islamic Muslims living AND VOTING in Canada, and Canada's longstanding position of having an open door to low life scum such as the fleeing Nazi's post WWII and the mideast crap coming in and I think my position can easily be substantiated.

This is by no means saying anything bad cummulatively about ALL Canadians, but rather the numbers being disproportionate. The same situations and a$$hole$ are here in the states. Anyone spending time around Hollywood or Boston could substantiate this, however, the numbers percentage wise don't seem to be close.

I have some great Canadian friends who share my discomfort with what's going on in their country and again, don't hold ALL Canadians responsible for my narrowmindedness. After all, I've got to admire the Canadian friends on this board who have their $hit together as evidenced by their choice in bikes. I still, however, will display my concern and dislike for what's going on by sitting on my wallet in respect to Canada. Big deal right? And the VR2 still sucks.

Elliot

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Elliot,

One of the greatest things about our country is the ability to have strong beliefs, and the ability to talk about them without being executed in your front yard for doing so.

Tim

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Elliott

Yes the vr2 sucks.
If you insist on venting through your wallet try looking at monsanto. They are developing seeds for cotton , that have been produced and are being tested for future crop production, which will kill the new seed being produced by the mother plant. The only way to grow a crop will be by getting all new seed from monsanto, dupont or one of the other players. Europe will not even let these guys in as far as I know. Hawaii is trying to stop any of the genetically modified seed from getting onto the islands. A little closer to home for you. So now the plan is heading tward all world seed supply being provided by a few major companys. Quite thinking about buying a product that benifits another countrys people and start thinking about your children and their children in your own back yard . Humanity is singular.Time to get off the soap box and back on the bike.
Bill

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Elliot,
As much as I am disheartened by your general feeling about our beautiful country and its government, I respect your opinion and join in your frustration. I'm not thrilled with any of my political choices in Ottawa either.I am of the mind that we are all better off if we stand united.... I agree... Canada, U.S.A., and Mexico. But in the meantime, lets enjoy our bikes and leave it at that. Honda, Harley, American, Canadian, I'm tossing a wave to everyone!!!
Cheers!!

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
buyarbi said:
Elliott

Yes the vr2 sucks.
If you insist on venting through your wallet try looking at monsanto. They are developing seeds for cotton , that have been produced and are being tested for future crop production, which will kill the new seed being produced by the mother plant. The only way to grow a crop will be by getting all new seed from monsanto, dupont or one of the other players. Europe will not even let these guys in as far as I know. Hawaii is trying to stop any of the genetically modified seed from getting onto the islands. A little closer to home for you. So now the plan is heading tward all world seed supply being provided by a few major companys. Quite thinking about buying a product that benifits another countrys people and start thinking about your children and their children in your own back yard . Humanity is singular.Time to get off the soap box and back on the bike.
Bill

Bill
Thanks for the tip.
I'm going to buy some stock in Monsanto and Dupont.

Adrian
I do love ridding in your World so come on down and enjoy some of ours.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Hats off to that.

Elliot,
Canada has a population the size of California <> so we're not a big push either way. Even if we did join in the fight, I heard our whole military is the same size as Portugals. We might be able to send a couple jeeps and 1 tank or something like that. We suck in that regard.

We got lots of oil for yours though.

I too support the continental idea with currency being the same and perhaps a continental border of some kind too. I do like the USA democracy model for the most part compared to the semi British style of ours.

I read this website a lot.

http://www.republicofwesterncanada.com/index2.html

I feel we're all guarding the same fort here guys.

stu

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Guys,

We should plan a BH rally/get together in Canada......there are a pretty fair number of BH in the northern tier of states. If we could do it in southern Sascatchewan or Manitoba It would probably draw quite a few folks. What di ya think?? Maybe a plan for next summer??

Tim

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
CMF,

That is an intersting site. Bet they are not the most popular with your government leaders or the French to the east ???

Aw hell, let's just ride, drink, party and make babies. :lol: (well, let's just practice the baby part, I'm too old for any more rug-rats)

Tim

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Tim,
That's a great idea, eh?? Sorry.... couldn't resist! :) The little lady and me are going to try and make it to the National Rally in TN this fall but it's a good hike for us from Ontario. But I'd motor over the top of the great lakes next year for sure. North shore of Superior is fantastic....I've done it many times. Count me in!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts