V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 6 mos of having Reilly's tranny Vic sent it back and had done nothing--- NOTHING---0---zot... Reilly is having a local machinist finish it up. Those of you that defended Vic you were sure wrong and man am I glad no one else did the same thing. No wonder we have a NESCO in stead of a junk thing like Vic builds.

Adrian

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I think Monte got this guys number a long time ago . You know the old saying " if it sounds too good to be true , it usually is ".

Jack

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Vic is a good salesman but I guess that's is far as it goes. I have heard good things about his race trannies, too bad he couldn't do the same for the Boss. :roll:

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I feel bad for Reilly..........he has invested not only a ton of $$ but so much time in trying to make that work for him.

Hope he gets it ironed out sometime soon. Oh well, guess someone had to be the guinnea pig.......

Tim

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LaMonsterV8 said:
Vic is a good salesman but I guess that's is far as it goes. I have heard good things about his race trannies, too bad he couldn't do the same for the Boss. :roll:
I have only heard good things but sure never saw any thing. I have personally seen 3 of his Trannys for the Boss Hoss and all 3 have had significant amounts of problems. The first one was at Laughlin when I saw a 3" wide strip of oil on the road going in a parking lot with a Boss Hoss setting over the end of it. That is when I met J T, the San Diego former Dealer for Boss Hoss. It is funny how people will brag about junk that they bought but I guess they are embarrassed.

Adrian

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
My neighbor swears by his Big Brute

Yep,

Vic can be a can of worms. A fellow Milpitan, "Mike the Stripe" swears by the Big Brute 502 vs Boss he prieviosly owned but says that you have to be patient with Vic and many people can't deal with the guy. Got same info from another Brute and Boss owner Clark Williford over at Alices Restaurant a while back. Even if Vic has a better product, it's his attitude and lack of customer service that makes his bike small fries, compared to other V8 manufacturers.

I have no time for people who are not into customer service. One's service should be legendary, not one's lack of service. :evil:
Buyer Beware

Cheers
Aldo
Milpitas, CA

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Adrian said:
LaMonsterV8 said:
I have only heard good things but sure never saw any thing. I have personally seen 3 of his Trannys for the Boss Hoss and all 3 have had significant amounts of problems. The first one was at Laughlin when I saw a 3" wide strip of oil on the road going in a parking lot with a Boss Hoss setting over the end of it. That is when I met J T, the San Diego former Dealer for Boss Hoss. It is funny how people will brag about junk that they bought but I guess they are embarrassed.

Adrian
The trannies I was talking about were for cars not bikes. I guess he builds a good tranny for the drag race cars, that is from someone who uses his trannies in their car. I am not defending the guy, I never did trust him from the beginning. :roll:

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Somebody should email him this link in case he doesn't know about this board. Maybe he'll address this properly. I think otherwise we've nailed his coffin shut around here. If he doesn't reply, we put him and his company to bed.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
crazymf said:
Somebody should email him this link in case he doesn't know about this board. Maybe he'll address this properly. I think otherwise we've nailed his coffin shut around here. If he doesn't reply, we put him and his company to bed.
He was done a long time ago on the Yahoo board. I just assume he wouldn't show up here.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
In talking to several companies in the Racing Industry over the years,
their comments about this individual were not favorable.

Seems like he is leaving a trail of unsatisfied customers.

Geezer

·
Registered
838 Posts
I met a very good BH fellow from Finland this weekend. He said he
ordered a VR2 tranny from API last August. Already paid 3000 Euros (2nd
half at delivery). Vic Richards promised to deliver it in January 2005. He
still didn't sent it. This kind of business is a shame.

Loaf

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its been a long time since I've gotten on this computer......reading all the posts on Vic and his VR2 tranny,concerning Vic,he brought all this on himself.its his bed and he has to lay in it.The transmissions he has put out were not up to snuff,to say the least,it was either poor workmenship,or put together wrong,one or the other.Myself and others who have bought this transmission,have suffered the failures of this transmission.Adrian saw the tranny and the massive leak it produced when not put together right. After we all got it back to San Diego,we did what Vic or who ever assembled it should of done in the first place. The VR2 when built the way it should be built,and put together propery,is a far superior tranny then the Nesco unit.Since Adrian last saw that tranny,Jt has put 20,000 miles on it,and myself with a little less.Bill alexander and others (tranny shops) have seen this tranny,and the way that it is built,it is built good.The most unfortunate part about it....is Vic.To have a good tranny,and then have someone screw up the making of the parts,as well as assembling it is a crying shame.This tranny as most of you all know was the tranny for the boss,I only wish Vic would give it to someone to build and put together right,just my .02 worth................Frank

1 - 13 of 13 Posts