V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the vermonster drag bike,built by mike wildman wood in guilford vermont 1983. was the first of its kind to be licensed by the NHRA, for exhibition drag racing. it was raced from 1984 to 1993 ish.it was powered by a destroked chevy 400,with 377 cubic inches. with two four barrel holley carbs. later changed to one 850 cfm holley carb. i used a B&J two speed air shifted trans.with a elmer trett prepared 3 disc slipper clutch,god rest his soul.always used VP racing gas never alcohol. Dart cast iron heads,solid roller cam from wolverine cams.we raced the surviving E.J Potter s drag bike at Englishtown ,NJ in the early 90s we won the best of two out of three races, and as they say the crowd went wild!!! in sept. of 1991 we ran the best of a 8.865 et at 155.761 mph,at Atco raceway in Atco NJ. shortly after i sold it to my friend from Delaware, after he had it for a while,i bought it back,and donated it to Don Garlits Dragracing museum in Ocala Fla. i think it was august 2013. i remember it was hot! it is in Dons garage with a few other vehicles,waiting for expansion of muesum,just ask to see it at the front counter and they will gladly take you to see it.it was a hoot,and one hell of a ride, A-men

1 - 1 of 1 Posts