V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in going through my pile of Boss Hoss rubble, I found this fan. It is in good condition. If anyone wants or needs this, please let me know.
614-203-4049

Dave in Columbus

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
My chrome is pealing off of my fan :evil: , right now I'm looking at putting some small pullers like I have on my tranny cooler and getting rid of the front fan. Do you know what the CFM of the stock fan is?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fan

Lamont,
All I know is that it is the large one, vs the small one.
Maybe Dyersburg would know.

Dave in Columbus

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dave,
How much do you want for it? I live in Evansville, Indiana and it looks like the same fan that is on my 2000 model? Talk soon !
Kevin

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fan

Kevin,
I just tested out the fan and it runs great. I am not looking to make alot of money on this. $75 + shipping from Columbus, Ohio I think sounds fair.
Carb Mike has also expressed interest in this.

Dave in Columbus
614-203-4049

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lamont,

It seems to me that the fans we run are about 1600 CFM. I know at on time Tom B. was selling some that were around 2000 CFM but I think the amp draw was srarting to get up there.

Bill

·
Registered
838 Posts
IndyBill said:
Lamont,

It seems to me that the fans we run are about 1600 CFM. I know at on time Tom B. was selling some that were around 2000 CFM but I think the amp draw was srarting to get up there.

Bill
Tom's were 16" Spal fans. I bought one of these, but never installed
it, because it's much too large for the radiator net, and doesn't fit/look nice.

Loaf

·
Registered
838 Posts
LaMonsterV8 said:
My chrome is pealing off of my fan :evil: , right now I'm looking at putting some small pullers like I have on my tranny cooler and getting rid of the front fan. Do you know what the CFM of the stock fan is?
That's a good idea. I thought about doing this, too. I never liked the
industrial look of the big fan. Always reminded me to our air vent, installed in the window of our welding room at work.

4 small pullers, 500cfm/each would be nice...

Loaf

PS: The chrome is peeling? How old is it? The chrome of the fans
were better after 2002 I've heard. My chrome fan is from 2003, and
the chrome is looking like new.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I have one of the newer chrome fans and so far the chrome looks good .
The fan behind the radiator sounds like a great idea but you would have to move you radiator out some and I'm wondering if a fan motor behind the radiator would take the heat ?
Jack

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
You might talk to the folks at Kannon. They put their fan behind the radiator.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Isn't the Kannon fan driven off the motor and not electric ?

Jack

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fan is back up for sale. Someone off this board wanted it, but backed out. I am asking $75 + shipping.
I tested it and it runs well. The previous owner upgraded to the $350 chrome fan.

Dave in Columbus

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I was cleaning the bugs of the fan last nite and took the chrome right off with a rag. It did not chip . It just wiped off. I must be stronger than I thought.
Bill

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Crazy MF

You are certainly right on that one. The monarch butterflies are also back around Lethbridge. They make a big mess too but are still not as bad as those mf hoppers. Those little buggers have your last name first MF :?: . You arnt developing a strain to invade the east are you :shock: . To combat I have built a tank bra and wear it proudly going down the highway.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
You wear a tank bra??

HAHA!!

I wear leather chaps once in a while but never thought of that. I gotta try that.

We might invade as far east as Yorkton....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts