V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for Lamont. What size front pully did you put on your two speed when you installed it ? I have a 98 that I'm in the process of converting to the B model. I have the Gates belt with the 75t rear. I'm wondering if you were able to use the 32/75 and have enough travel in the swingarm slots to tighten the belt. thanks Jeff

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lamont, yes I'm dong my own machining , welding, and parts fabricating on this project. I'm ready to weld the frame changes today, even though I still don't have the transmission here yet. But thats a long story !
How much room is left at the adjusters with the 32 on your bike ? thanks

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi Jeff, Just wanted to chime in with a few facts. I believe the Dayco rear pulley you have is a 74T. Unless you have a Gates 75T. I do know that when the Nesco 2 speed/1 speed with overdrive first came out they used a 75T Gates on the rear along with the same 1.5 input to output on the right angle gear as the 1 speed. But the cruising rpms were too low for the converter's stall speed. So the Factory changed to a 1.6 input to output gearing (in low) And also went to the 80T Gates rear. To bring up the cruising Rpm's.

Last year I changed to the Gates belt and also bought a Gates 32T front pulley to match it. I have the Dayco 74T on the rear. Cogs match but the Gates pitch is sharper. The Alum. Dayco pulley will have no choice but to conform to the pitch. My rear axle is adjusted close to the end of the swingarm. I had to buy shorter adjustment bolts to make it work. But it will work.

Last month, Jack D. was kind enough to hand me down his old Gates 80T rear pulley. And Lamont sent me his old altered 34T Gates front ( Thanks agian Jack & Lamont ) With these two changes I'll have my rear axle moved more forward this spring. And still be in the ballpark on my gearing. 3.468 old ratio. 3.53 new ratio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts