I have heard the i-pod's work with the problem area being the "ear-
buds" with the wind noise.

Thanks
Geez

·
Registered
27 Posts
I-POD

Geezer...On my recent trip from Florida to Ohio, I loaded my I-pod with plenty of Allman Bros., Skynrd, ZZ Top etc. and then upgraded my ear pods to some good Sony fontopias(?) and headed north. Most states will ticket you for listening devices so I had to wait until Tennessee to try this system. I know it's crazy...I go 120mph but worry about some cop spotting my I-Pod. Anyway, the wind noise made it necessary to ramp the volume to migraine levels so I scrapped the tunes. Steve

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Lamont,

I used to use audio when I was riding my bullet bike to Sturgis and on longer road trips.If you wear a helmet (even a 3/4), just throw a small piece of velcro on the ear bud or inexpensie headset and stick them to the inside of your helmet fabric. Then we would run the wires under our shirt to the tape player and rock on :lol: Or just rearrange your bandana to cover a little more ear :wink:

Worked like a charm.

Tim

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Tim,
The wife and I had ear plugs made by a local ear doctor to help reduce wind noise on long trips. We have used them for 3 years with great success. I saw at Daytona this past March a couple of companies that now do the same thing, ear plugs made to exactly fit your ear canal, but they have "high-quality" speakers built in to them.

Sounded like a good idea, but I didn't buy them for some reason.

Can't rememeber the company names, but maybe with a little time searching you can find them.

Bill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tunes

Oakley the sunglass company makes a product called the "Thump". It is a pair of sunglasses and MP3 player with ear pods. I use them on the VTX with 3'' HC pipes and the sound is real good. I don't have the BH yet so I can't say about the BH pipe factor. The sound that the Thump delivers is worth the $$. I need my Skynyrd on that Jersey Turnpike and the Thump gets the job done.

Roadrat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts