V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello;
Just changed the transmission oil and cleaned the filter, used Amsoil 10W40 as usual... tried going for a ride after warming her up for 5 minutes or so idling. Tranny is slipping very badly Any suggestions?

Also has a small leak coming from where gear shift shaft goes into transmission.

09' Boss Hoss LS3
Darcy in Ontario Canada

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello;
Just changed the transmission oil and cleaned the filter, used Amsoil 10W40 as usual... tried going for a ride after warming her up for 5 minutes or so idling. Tranny is slipping very badly Any suggestions?

Also has a small leak coming from where gear shift shaft goes into transmission.

09' Boss Hoss LS3
Darcy in Ontario Canada
Hi Darcy, you might need to top up the oil a 1/2 pint or so and certainly tighten that shifter guide!
I had the same leak so degreased it then ran some sealant around before putting a gripper on it and re-tightening ~ no problems since :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Darcy, you might need to top up the oil a 1/2 pint or so and certainly tighten that shifter guide!
I had the same leak so degreased it then ran some sealant around before putting a gripper on it and re-tightening ~ no problems since :)
Hi RocketSteve;
Thanks for the quick response, the gripper you spoke of for tightening the shifter guide… can you describe it to me or explain what type of wrench it is? Is it one of those adjustable rubber wrenches?

·
Registered
8 Posts
HI Darcy, it's good to see some life here at last... 😄
I used a Plumbing Pliers as there's no spanner facility, we don't need to overtighten this as it's screwed into aluminium and could wreck the thread if over-done, the silicone sealant will keep it in place after it's been thoroughly degreased then nip it up hand tight.
Did mine after importing 4 years ago and has been oil tight ever since.
I have an '06 / ZZ4 with a Nesco, I imagine my transmission set-up will be very similar or the same as your LS3.

Something like these will do the job;

1 - 4 of 4 Posts