V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
On my 2002, there is an inline tranny fluid filter laying on the top of the bell housing. Does anybody happen to know the type (brand) and part # of this filter? Asking here is easier then pulling the cover, and then the seatpan off to look. Thanks!! :D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Boss Man said:
Hi Guys,
On my 2002, there is an inline tranny fluid filter laying on the top of the bell housing. Does anybody happen to know the type (brand) and part # of this filter? Asking here is easier then pulling the cover, and then the seatpan off to look. Thanks!! :D
Don

According to the owners manual Boss Hoss trans filter is PN 3370162 (it says N/A for industry standard PN). I have been using ATP PN JX-160 - it's just an in-line filter for steering/transmission with 3/8" lines. There is an IN/OUT so be sure to fit the lines on correctly ... I know that is a DUH but thought I would mention it anyway! :wink:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Traveler, and V-man (Don),
Jeff, from the Yahoo site gave me the info. It's a magnetic inline filter, made by Hastings, part# TF109.

Descriptions : Magnetic In-Line Universal Transmission Filter
Contains : [2] Hoses
[4] Clamps
Replaces : ATP JX150
O.D. : 2 5/32
Inlet : 3/8
Outlet : 3/8
Length : 4 15/32

BTW Traveler, What's your first name?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW Don,
Yours looks almost identical to the Hastings. Thanks!! :capwin:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Boss Man said:
BTW Don,
Yours looks almost identical to the Hastings. Thanks!! :capwin:
Don-

I was just going to tell you the same exact thing! The Hastings looks like mine! :) I see in your other post the Hasting PN you have replaces the ATP JX-150. The JX-150 is 5/16" in/out and the JX-160 is 3/8" in/out. I guess they are both the same just depends on which one is easier to get where you live. The ATP cost around $14 each ... I look at it as CHEAP insurance!

V

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don,
Yup! That's the one! I called a parts store near me, and he has the Hastings filter. Like you say, cheap insurance! "It couldn't hoit!! :wink: "

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess what......The hastings TF 109 is for 5/16ths hose. I'll have to return this one and get the ATP/.JX160. You were right Don!! :capwin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts