V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed a new fuse block for my Boss and decided to use the Boss Hoss website to order the part. It is cool that I can see all the parts for my bike on the site but it was a lot easier when I could just call the factory and they would send it to me and I would have it the next day seeing I live in TN. Now I have to pick a dealer to send me my part and hope they got the order.
Well I would normally go through Mountain Boss Hoss but I didn't want to have them ship it to PA and then back to TN so I picked the closes dealer to me and also asked if it could just be direct shipped. I figured the dealer would get their cut and I would get my part and all would be good.
This is day three and still no part and I have call the dealer twice today and whoever handles the orders is not in yet and who knows when he will be. I don't know if they got my order, I don't know if they shipped my order, the only thing I do know is they didn't direct ship it or else I would have had it by now. :evil:

If I don't get a call back from this dealer I'm going to raise cane with the factory and tell them what I think about their new system. One thing for sure I will just call Mountain next time and will never use their online shopping. :roll:

This was a $10 fuse block that costed $6.50 to ship and $1.00 tax because I live in TN even though the part is not being shipped from TN. I know it's not a big deal but it sure was a lot better when Levi was taking my orders. :roll:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well guess what, they never got the order like I figured, that's why I didn't mention the dealers name. :? As far as I know this is a good dealership but they can't get me a part if the factory never sends them the order. I FAXed them my copy of the order and they are working on it now.
These poor dealers are really going to be hating life in two weeks when all ordering will have to be done online.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
My closest dealer is 400 plus miles. I ask the dealer to have the factory drop ship me a part and he told me he could not get his cut that way so if I want it I have to pay the freight on it to him and then to me. It does suck like crazy.

Adrian

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Adrian, are you saying we will be paying for the freight from the factory to the dealer and then the dealer to us?

I called the factory a week ago and told the guy in parts (Doug I think) right up front that my nearest dealer is almost 4 hours away I had no intention of going that far for service. Got a list of several part numbers from him and went out to the local shops and bought them. The factory needs to get this thing set up better for the customer. They at least need to drop ship like everybody else in America is doing for pete's sake.

Off the box now,
Bye.

Chris

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Lamont ,

If your interested , check out fuse box , part # 5029 on http://bluesea.com/ web site . This is what I put on mine . Nice unit .

Jack

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Well ... may as well throw my two cents in the ring here ...

I think the new system has room for improvement -

1) You mean when you go to the factory site you have to type in your VIN, once you do that you get a list of parts for YOUR bike. That would be well and fine for many parts BUT what if I want an upgraded part? What if I want a part that came stock on a 2004 or a 2005 model? I can't order those parts online because I don't have access to those PN's. The idea of ordering online at the customers convience, ie 2AM, 3AM etc They should have a system like "PartsFish.com" (example) where you can pull micro fiche on any model or year YOU want a part for, get the PN and then place your order! ** Update 8May **Just went to BH Factory site to check it out ... I was surprised but when I put in my VIN I got a complete list of parts available (older and newer models then mine). Did I misunderstand this or has it been changed since this post?

2) If the customer is being charged twice for shipping the part then we should have the right to have item dropped shipped if we choose. The dealers should make some money (we want them to stay in business after all) BUT the dealer is not making money on the shipping! The BIG point here is time factor for us getting the parts we need! We could get parts a lot faster if we did not have to wait for dealer to receive the part then re-send ... that is STUPID. When a part is ordered and we choose the dealership (Stamford Boss Hoss for me :D ) we should be given the total cost ... out of that total the factory can send a check each month to the dealers for their share in parts sales. The factory should send parts directly to consumer.

Oh well, new system and I'm sure they will be hearing many suggestions from us the customer and from the dealers. Maybe they will implement some changes for the better ... have to see :?

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Parts Order

V-Man, and all;

I concur, it sucks! My Boss, as I'm sure many others, has been upgraded thru several year models with small and large components.

Maybe if we could get an established E-Vender vendor like Honda Direct involved (YOOHOO,,,Lamont!) to take over the e-mail order side, we would quickly have a resolution!

Ride Safe!

HAWK88
Jack Phillips

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Lamont...I can understand having to support the dealer network because many of us were cutting the dealer out and dealing factory direct but why the factory can't just drop ship to the customer and credit the dealer is a mystery to me. This is just plain stupid to ship a part half way around the country to get it to the customer.
We should all e-mail the factory and tell them how we feel about totally unnecessary shipping costs. I've done this already.
Please...all of us have to do this....Joe
PS...The factory will suffer financially if we begin to use parts from other vendors because of this ridiculous policy..Joe

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most of the parts that I have ordered from the factory have come from Drag Specialties, we are a DS dealer and if I wanted to spend the time to find out the part numbers I could have bought all these parts at cost. I figured it wasn't worth my time and I wanted to support Boss Hoss too seeing I bought a used bike. I may be re-thinking my logic in doing that. :roll:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
How about if whoever is going to Myrtle Beach, copy these posts and give them to Rad, or whoever is at Myrtle Beach? Just a thought. I'll do it, if it's OK with everyone who has posted about this.
The only reason I wouldn't be at Myrtle Beach is if it looks like lots of rain, since I'm riding down from New York.
Yes....No????? Whadaya think?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Who do you think initiated this?

This policy had Rad Hunsley's name all over it, and don't think for one minute that he cares about the customer ie: Nightmare @ Daytona 2005, it must be my fault somehow.....Ray

·
Registered
29 Posts
...man this whole thing really burns me up. It is NOT my job to support the dealers and make sure they get their cut! I just want parts and I want them YESTERDAY! This system of ordering parts and then maybe getting them in 3 or 4 weeks or not at all ain't cool. I guess Mountain likes the new policy cause until the factory gets their act together, I'll just call Mountain and have the parts sent to my house and they'll overnight them if you want. I have a friend who gave up on my local dealer cause it took him a month to get a tire. Since most of us don't have local dealer support...it sure would be nice if we could at least just pick up the phone and get parts like we used to.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The new policy is not real popular with the Dealers for that matter (implemention problem on the BH end) and I always go thru mine. That being said I also understand frustration on behalf of those who cannot get the upgraded parts because they do not match the VIN (that would kill me). We must support the dealers because without them BH would cease to exist and then where would we be?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Like I said before , there are very few parts that have to be bought from Boss Hoss. Also the parts bought elsewhere are usually better quality and cost less than if you were to buy Boss Hoss parts . I'll look for the best deal and best quality any day , screw the factory and there new policy .

Jack

·
Registered
898 Posts
Ya got a point Jack

I will do what I gotta do to get the parts I need at a reasonable price.
Theres getting to be more Bosses around and I think that will continue.
I don't want to piss any Dealers off but as the volume of riders increases the more need for parts now and it could be worth it to stock more stuff.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
How simple it would be to call a dealer for the order, the dealer calls the factory to be credited with the sale and then the factory ships directly to the customer.
Also some of the dealer markups are a little outrageous even for non-Boss generic parts. The avon 230 I just put on would have been $280 from the dealer but was $180 through Dennis Kirk. I don't expect a small dealer to be able to match the price of a huge distributor but this difference is ludicrous....Joe

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well Monday came and went and still no fuse block :? The factory was going to send it out Friday, or so they said. That's alright, all my parts will most likely show up the day before I leave on my trip. :roll:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The fuse block showed up and they waved the shipping charges. :D I still liked it better when I could call Levi. :roll:

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
This should be an issue that the factory takes a hard look at. For me, I have a good dealer (Chopper City) within 75 miles and he stocks a bunch of parts. From what I have seen so far he keeps his prices in line with the factory suggested list or a bit lower.

For owners outside of a reasonable range from a dealer, the factory NEEDS to find an alternative to this program. Albeit true that the dealer is losing out on some parts revenue, if there are no owners, there aren't any sales....parts or bikes. We've talked about this situation of friction with the factory and what it does to our eventual resale values.

There needs to be some type of agreement that if a customer is 100+ miles from a dealer (or whaterver distance) the factory should drop ship direct and give the dealer an incentive or credit for future orders, or simply state that customers outside of those mileage parameters are "factory direct house accounts". Unfortunately the dealer network is going to be slow in developing due to the uniqueness of this bike...as it should be for the benefit of the consumer & facotory.

I'm not so sure that I would call this "Rads" policy, I think we all forget that Monte is a shrewd businessman and still calls the shots at BH......I doubt that anything gets implemented without his stamp of approval.

Just my $.29 worth. Hopefully Don Blixt will have the chance to talk to Rad or Monte at Myrtle and see what their opinion or rationale is.

Tim

1 - 20 of 25 Posts