V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this is funny. I made a set of slash cut pipes for the bike and sent them in to get chromed. 4-6 weeks delivery. Went back to the muffler shop and had him cut another set to use while they are gone. I spent 15 minutes on the drill press and painted them with black heat paint.

I call them my tail gunner pipes. They're temporary, but I think I stumbled on an easy cheap sweet looking pipe.....$20

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
crazymf said:
Hey, this is funny. I made a set of slash cut pipes for the bike and sent them in to get chromed. 4-6 weeks delivery. Went back to the muffler shop and had him cut another set to use while they are gone. I spent 15 minutes on the drill press and painted them with black heat paint.

I call them my tail gunner pipes. They're temporary, but I think I stumbled on an easy cheap sweet looking pipe.....$20

Did you get the chromed ones back and how do they look? What's it sound like compared to the dual shorties...I'd like a more refined sound, so I'm looking for somekind of metal potato to shove up my.....exhaust.

Heh heh
Cheers
Havagoodonemate!

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I won't be putting the Avon back on any time soon Jack. I love this tire.

The only thing that has happened so far is while I was dispensing with one of those new Mustangs the other day, I experienced a fairly slow side to side wobble at 130 mph. It was controllable and I don't know if maybe it just started as I pulled in front of the guy while I was passing over the road ruts.

Could have been handling due to the 50 series or not. I don't know. The tire is so much better in every way than the Avon.

stu

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Dunlap

Stu;

Good to hear. On some scoots, bags and or windshields can contribute to that. I had a 100RS BM'er that had a placarded top speed for the bags.

Course I had to find out why. They were correct! Almost to the MPH! Tested it several times, with and without. I learn real slow sometimes!

I've only seen 125ish a few times with that tire and haven't seen that yet, but I'll be looking.

God did good with those Mustangs, Almost an accessory for Boss's! Guess the attitude that goes with them makes them a frequent and willing target. (I think I can).

Ride Safe!
HAWK88
Jack Phillips

1 - 7 of 7 Posts