V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
PYRO_BUD said:
My 2 cents i go to the local lumber yard and get a pair of dark tint safety glasses usually like $6.00. NOTHING protects better than a Z87.1 pair of glasses, I don't care the brand.
I find one that fits and get a few pairs i can sit on them, drop them, but have NEVER broken a pair. You can get all the brand names you want but if it is rated and fits good that is all you need.
Yep,I work at PPG Industries' Works #4 glass plant,the largest flat glass facility in the world. We have to wear safety glasses,ear protection,steel-toed boots,etc on our shifts. The boots and safety glasses were always worn too when mowing or weed-eating the grass. I've got both clear and tinted safety glasses at home & work. Even have a pair of bifocal ones with reading glass on the bottom.
Also,I use their ear plugs on the bikes & trikes,as well as at the gun range when we're shooting automatic weapons & other stuff. I hate wind blast when riding. Just wish I would've taken better care of my ears when I was younger. Once you lose your hearing,you can never get it back. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have to be aware of what you are looking for and what each type of design and features are beneficial to you.

You can get outstanding glasses that provide good coverage, are lightweight and will still make you look like you didn’t come from riding a bike. They can also be suitable for everyday use.

They have Oakley, Wiley X, Ray Ban and a lot more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Regarding Sunnies,

Looking for opinions as to what sunglasses y'all like and are wearing.
Want something with a tight seal around the eyes, to keep the sand and wind out.

I've been looking at these...

cglasses.com seems reasonably priced so I wont fret when I sit on them and functional with some sort of foam line and reaonable UV protection. I want a tighter fit for those um...higher speed runs..but dont want to wear goggles.

Thanks in advance
Aldo
Check this guy out. Small businessman in PA. He deals specifically in motorcycle glasses. I’ve bought several pair off him in the past. They seal around the eyes, transitioning lens that actually work and they are well constructed. Great styles for men and women plus does prescription lenses. He won’t disappoint.
Www.Flyingpigeyewear.com.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts