V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I believe the Wiley X's are more than likely better, But never tried then, Never had a need for anything that fancy, Vaginas well yes the fancier the better. :shock: l

Giancarlo
Ride Smart

·
Registered
435 Posts
This lecture is WILEY X VS VAGINAS 101 FOR BEGINNERS ONLY!

First of all...Conrad....Yer comment cracked me up.......I pissed my pants.laughing!

People can wear whatever they want....No skin off of my nose..!!!

When I wear a full-face helmet..I can wear whatever I want for glasses.and I do... Also have full windshields on both bikes....

The eye problem that can arise from wind and drying of the eyes is called a PINGUECULUM......or worse....a PTERIGIUM....which grows across the cornea blinding you.......

Ken

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Ken:
When I was in the Air Force, They warned us youngsters to stay away from ladies who had pingueculum and pteriguum on or near the vagina area. :shock:

Giancarlo
Ride Smart

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Ken,

Yup the first one is what they found 5 or 6 years ago on mine....but never said anything to me. Then last year when I got new lenses, the Doc mentioned that it had changed slightly....I askes "What changed?" and got the whole skinny........so this year I will be getting my Panoptix RX'd and save the eyes for a few more years.

I do have a set of Wiley-X with the changeable lens but they do not fit me as well as the Panoptix........to me eyes are serious Sheet ... got to have them to ride the scoot, get to the bar for cocktails and to look at vaginas :lol:

Tim

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
On a bike that goes from 0-150 in 10 seconds ??? the only thing that makes sense is wearing goggles. There is absolutely no irritation to the eyes in any way. I was always riding at slower speeds on my rigid. Now, stand-by fellers. :wink:

·
Registered
613 Posts
On this same topic, when you are in Florida for Bike Week and whenever you must have glasses on when riding. Even if you have a full windsheild. If you wear a full face helmet it must be closed or you must have glasses also. After sunset you must have clear glasses on. The cops here make a lot of money on this expecially during bike week. Just for your info.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
All I will say gentlemen, (and anyone I may have missed) is that I have heard nothing but positive feedback from soldiers returning fron war zones reference the Wiley Xs they wear. To include incidents of IED encounters. 8) . That's enough for this Simple Man.

EAGLE!!!!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I wear BOLLE glasses with 4 different interchangable colored lenses. They also have a snap in prescription lens that fits in behind the colored lens. They are a wrap around style with rubber on the bows to keep them snug on your face. Even at 140 they stay put. These are the best I've owned and well worth the money. 8)

Bryan

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Dainese helmets are pretty decent quality,IMO. They have been around for awhile. My personal preference is an Arai Quantum in a full-face. Expensive but very quiet & lightweight. I've been wearing a Quantum Retro III since '96 and it's still in great condition. IIRC,cost was around $600 back then.
As for shades,Serengeti is my fav.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I wear these and have one pair with dark lenses and one with amber for night riding. Greatwind protection and I`ve had mine for 5 years.. Very tough and well made. One pair is the converter model and the other is the radiatior model billet construction with doulbe hinges. I favor the converter model and it is what I wear most.

http://www.gatorz.com/version2.htm

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Ricky
I had looked at Justissimo and Caberg helmets on the internet but did not buy one as there was no place I could try one on. If they still have them in the U.S. you may want to look at them.
Bill

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Photo Milo said:
On this same topic, when you are in Florida for Bike Week and whenever you must have glasses on when riding. Even if you have a full windshield. If you wear a full face helmet it must be closed or you must have glasses also. After sunset you must have clear glasses on. The cops here make a lot of money on this especially during bike week. Just for your info.
As Milo said, You have to wear clear glasses at night down here, unless you have wipers on your eyeballs to keep the Florida bugs out.
If you don't have to wear prescription glasses, they sell pretty cool looking, high impact plastic, wrap around safety glasses at Home Cheapo or Blows (Lowe's) for only ten or twelve bucks. They work great at speeds in the triple digits. They also have darker gas welding safety glasses that I have found to be very handy, riding directly into sunrises or sunsets.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm with Greg. I wear bifocal safety glasses. I've got three pair, dark, clear and yellow/amber. They're comfortable, pretty indestructible, and cheap. I look through the main lens with no distortion to drive and through the magnification for gauges, gps, clock, watch, etc. I have prescription sunglasses but they are not as comfortable especially under a full face helmet.

The only drawback is that all the inexpensive brands are not polarized. Ono's are one brand that is polarized but they're more like $90 a pair.

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/cheaters.html

Prescription glasses

Oakley's

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 2 cents i go to the local lumber yard and get a pair of dark tint safety glasses usually like $6.00. NOTHING protects better than a Z87.1 pair of glasses, I don't care the brand.

I find one that fits and get a few pairs i can sit on them, drop them, but have NEVER broken a pair. You can get all the brand names you want but if it is rated and fits good that is all you need.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
PYRO_BUD said:
My 2 cents i go to the local lumber yard and get a pair of dark tint safety glasses usually like $6.00. NOTHING protects better than a Z87.1 pair of glasses, I don't care the brand.

I find one that fits and get a few pairs i can sit on them, drop them, but have NEVER broken a pair. You can get all the brand names you want but if it is rated and fits good that is all you need.
\
BUD

I have been wearing Bolles glasses with 4 different interchangeable colored lenses for years. I brake them, the lenses fall out, ear rubber comes off and the nose piece falls off.
I took your advice and went to Home Depot and bought 3 pair of the Z87' and they feel better than those $200 Bolles that you can not get fixed so double thanks for the post.

Adrian

21 - 40 of 43 Posts