V8 Bike Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regarding Sunnies,

Looking for opinions as to what sunglasses y'all like and are wearing.
Want something with a tight seal around the eyes, to keep the sand and wind out.

I've been looking at these...

http://www.cglasses.com/styles/neptuneal.htm seems reasonably priced so I wont fret when I sit on them and functional with some sort of foam line and reaonable UV protection. I want a tighter fit for those um...higher speed runs..but dont want to wear goggles.

Thanks in advance
Aldo

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Aldo

I bought a pair of I-Beams probably 5 years ago ... they've fallen, been dropped and plain abused at times and they still look good and function GREAT. One of the best I've owned ... I have another pair I use at night (auto darkening - not dark enough for daytime for me) made by Pan Optics ... they are sealed around eyes very well. I had a really nice pair that wrapped around the eyes good BUT I lost them racing across the Dunlawten Bridge ... blew off my head and got run over
:? :(

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I wear prescription glasses and the RayBans I got from lensecrafters do me just great. They hide lots of my face so I don't scare the deer into running out in front of me.

·
Tom
3,255 Posts
prescription here also, I have serigetti wraparound plastic dark brown
with scrach protecton, fit close to the eyeballs no wind leakage on the
trike or in the boat at 80+ tom P.S. If you get interchangable lens
you could get yellow leneses for nite use

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
zenbiker said:
Wiley X glasses are the best I've used. Foam liners against your head and interchangeable tinted and clear lenses...Joe

https://www.wileyx.com/index.aspx
I also wear the Wiley X glasses and have always liked them. I am guessing I have had them for 5 years. I never found a pair of glasses that I kept very long before that. I personally have not needed the foam liner but tried it once and would be good for somone that does need it.

Shane

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
HossZZ4 said:
Regarding Sunnies,

Looking for opinions as to what sunglasses y'all like and are wearing.
Want something with a tight seal around the eyes, to keep the sand and wind out.

I've been looking at these...

http://www.cglasses.com/styles/neptuneal.htm seems reasonably priced so I wont fret when I sit on them and functional with some sort of foam line and reaonable UV protection. I want a tighter fit for those um...higher speed runs..but dont want to wear goggles.

Thanks in advance
Aldo

They look nice, but I wear a full face and look like they would be bulky in a full face helmet....( I usually wear just regular cheap sun glasses with the visor up. If I go through dust, smoke or really windy I close-er up.
never had a problem.

Giancarlo
Ride Smart

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Publix brand here. $20.00 max. I have two pair that have lasted me 6 months to a year and after dropping my Oakley's and scratching up the lenses, I'll never pay that much for a pair of shades again. If something happens to my shades....I just chunk'em and go buy another pair and I don't have to be careful with them. 8)

·
Registered
435 Posts
OPOMETRIST NOW SPEAKING....LISTEN UP.......!!!!

Joe Ramerie IS correct.....on SMOTHING...for once........!!!!! LOL...!! No..!!! THAT is NOT cottage cheese........Joe........!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUK.....!!!

As an optometrist for 32 years and still counting......I have carried the full line of Wiley X glasses and goggles for about 7 years now...!!! Some of which can have prescription lenses mounted in them..and some cannot.

They are the absolute BEST........ Just ask the US government...!! Standard issue for all troops being deployed to Iraq and Afganistan... Also FBI, Navy Seals, INS, Special Forces...etc....!!!

I find it funny (strange!) that guys who spend MUCHO BUCKS on these motorcycles...find that an el cheapo $5.00 pair of riding glasses is adequate for one of the most important parts of the human body...!!!! (OK..!! Now come the jokes!) Do you leave yer precious bikes out in the rain and snow..??? NO! So...Big deal..take care of your eyes.!!!

The price ranges from about $85.00 to around $220.00 depending on style and different lenses........ ALL ARE JUST ABOUT BULLET PROOF......

Ken

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Re: OPOMETRIST NOW SPEAKING....LISTEN UP.......!!!!

v8eyedoc said:
Joe Ramerie IS correct.....on SMOTHING...for once........!!!!! LOL...!! No..!!! THAT is NOT cottage cheese........Joe........!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUK.....!!!

As an optometrist for 32 years and still counting......I have carried the full line of Wiley X glasses and goggles for about 7 years now...!!! Some of which can have prescription lenses mounted in them..and some cannot.

They are the absolute BEST........ Just ask the US government...!! Standard issue for all troops being deployed to Iraq and Afganistan... Also FBI, Navy Seals, INS, Special Forces...etc....!!!

I find it funny (strange!) that guys who spend MUCHO BUCKS on these motorcycles...find that an el cheapo $5.00 pair of riding glasses is adequate for one of the most important parts of the human body...!!!! (OK..!! Now come the jokes!) Do you leave yer precious bikes out in the rain and snow..??? NO! So...Big deal..take care of your eyes.!!!

The price ranges from about $85.00 to around $220.00 depending on style and different lenses........ ALL ARE JUST ABOUT BULLET PROOF......

Ken
Ken, you may be absolutely right but, I ride behind a full windshield and sometimes a face shield on my helmet. The closest thing that I had that hit near my face was a small rock that was thrown from the back tire of another bike while we were both traveling at about 130 mph. It flew over the top of my windshield and bounced off my helmet. If that rock had hit me in the middle of my sunglasses, (and I don't think it could have) I don't really believe that even a $220 pair would have helped. The Publix brand doesn't change my vision, gives me relief from glare and some protection from debris....mostly nothing more than an occasional bit of sand. I don't really expect much more from my shades than that.

Now, if you happen to have a sample pair of those Wiley X shades, I'll be more than happy to give them a try. I'll even brag on them and take pictures that I will model for and post....you know, like Arnold. "I'LL BE BOCK"! 8)

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Panoptix......but I have never gotten my prescription put in them....but I found out something interesting on my last eye exam......if you do not protect your eyes from the constant wind blowing , you can develop a condition known as ??????(Help Ken) that starts to grow a film over your eyes.....I have it and the eye doc suggested that was probably the cause.
Not good for you youngens.....

Tim

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scaring Bambi

crazymf said:
I wear prescription glasses and the RayBans I got from lensecrafters do me just great. They hide lots of my face so I don't scare the deer into running out in front of me.
Deer have an uncanny ability to get from A to B unexpectedly especially when you're B! Almost like some wildman jumping out of tree on top of ya. They dont care what you look like...they just wanna tackle you!
Aldo

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The wife and I have used Panoptx Sunglasses for years now. They have a 100% seal around them and they are the ones who originited that design.

Over the years I have broken frames etc. and they have excellent customer service where they repair the glasses for a flat $30 rate. I have sent glasses back to them three times and each time they did not repair my glasses... they just sent me a new pair!!! Great people and an excellent product for keeping ALL OF THE WIND OUT OF YOUR EYES!!!

http://www.panoptx.com/

Bill Taylor

P.S. Unfortunately, the tight seal around them makes them not a good choice to wear when you reach your destination because the seal traps the heat. We just switch over to regular sunglasses when we're done riding.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
For God's sake...Ken is an Optometrist and yet he gets arguments. Like arguing with me about vaginas! ( by the way ,I'll take on all comers about these) You asked for the best and the Wiley X's are it. Oakley claiming they will stop a bullet is OK as long as someone else rather than I am wearing them. Give me a *-----g break!
I've beeen using the same pair for 4 years on long trips with and without windshields and they work without distortion and are very comfortable as well. Good $80 investment...Joe

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bad time of the month Joe?

zenbiker said:
For God's sake...Ken is an Optometrist and yet he gets arguments. Like arguing with me about vaginas! ( by the way ,I'll take on all comers about these) You asked for the best and the Wiley X's are it. Oakley claiming they will stop a bullet is OK as long as someone else rather than I am wearing them. Give me a *-----g break!
I've beeen using the same pair for 4 years on long trips with and without windshields and they work without distortion and are very comfortable as well. Good $80 investment...Joe
Ouch..bad time of the month Joe?

Jokes aside...I found this feedback very valuable. My eyes are drying out a lot more and I suffer from 11 hours a day of computer screen burn. So I'm gonna go Wiley X. Thanks to all for sharing.

Appreciate it.
Aldo

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Doc... no arguments here. Just expressing my opinion. I know that and eye doc is going to know more about eye care that I. But, I am entitled to my opinion about what I choose to wear. I have no doubt that he has better shades. If they weren't, they wouldn't cost more or come so highly recommended. I'm just saying that my el-cheapo shades has served me well for a number of years. Those that use a different brand, I'm sure, are satisfied with their's also.

You want to talk about Vaginas....well I've got my opinions about them also. :lol:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts