V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd start a Sturgis thread as we are just over a month away. I'll be there from August 7-13th and staying in Spearfish. My cell # is 440-343-5663. I have never been to Sturgis before so if anyone wants to pick a time and place to meet please let me know. It might be impressive if we rode into town together with maybe a little background music from "The good, the bad, and the ugly" playing.
Conrad

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
cstraube said:
Just thought I'd start a Sturgis thread as we are just over a month away. I'll be there from August 7-13th and staying in Spearfish. My cell # is 440-343-5663. I have never been to Sturgis before so if anyone wants to pick a time and place to meet please let me know. It might be impressive if we rode into town together with maybe a little background music from "The good, the bad, and the ugly" playing.
Conrad
Conrad

I can bring up the ugly part, Tim the Bad and you can be the Good. We are going to go early this year so we will be gone by the time you get there. Our plans are from 8-2 thro 8-5 but could stay a little longer if we find another room. We have a nice room at Deadwood set up for those times so unless we can get it longer we will need to zip on down the road.
My cell is 209-479-1933

Adrian

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Conrad,

Vicki & I are there from 8-1 to 8-13........staying at Elkview Mountain Campground, exit 37 - I90 (5 miles east of Sturgis) pad #20.

Sounds like there will be a pretty good group of BH there again this year and we should try for a night ride through Main Stree as a group. Nice spot to meet for rides is Spearfish at the car dealer where a couple of the dealers set up their trailer displays......then ride through Spearfish Canyon and into Deadwood.........

Cell 320-260-1381..........we usually go downtown several nights and "camp out" at the Oasis ............

Tim

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Should be arriving early morning of the 3rd and staying through the
10th.. Will be at the Glenco campground in Sturgis, cell phone is
262-880-3101.

Geezer

·
Registered
141 Posts
Barb and I will be there 1-13th or when ever. Might head to Yellerstone and see whats up with that. We're staying at Glencoe babysitting Geezer and his bride. We're up for a get together and a ride anywhere.. anytime! My wife's trike is all set to go with a new fuel pump and throddle cable....mine on the other hand is showing signs of a bald rear tire. You would think they could waranty them longer than 2,000 miles?
So someone ......lets plan a place to meet again this year.
Adrian and Tim, love to ride needles. Tim you have my cell and I have yours..
YAHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
Steve 8) 8)

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Steve,

Hey I know how you feel about that tire problem :cry: It's a real bummer that the rubber just peels off like that :oops:

Mine has about 60% left on it and over about 4500 miles.....trying to get done before Sturgis so I can put a fresh one one :lol:

Tim

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
So far, the tally is;

KaveMan & Cindy 3rd - 11th

Steve & Barb 1st - 13th

Tim & Vicki 1st - 15th

Conrad 3rd - 11th

Adrian & Cosey 2th - 5th

Geezer & Kathryn 3rd - 10th

Brian Ward 6th - 12th

Marv & Diane 4th - 12th

( Totally optional for those that want to ride together )

How about a common meeting time of 10:00am at the Boss Hoss Trailer,
which will be located across from " Full Throttle" or the second entrance
to Glenco. Gas station on site and "Full Throttle" has breakfast starting
at 6am every day. :?:

Thoughts, Input :?:

Geezer

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in. If anyone has any names/addresses for common meeting places (bars,etc) or places on the "must go to" list please post them so I can plug them into my GPS before leaving. I've never been to Sturgis before. Besides, I may get left in the dust when riding with you guys and have to find my way back to civilization.
Conrad

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Conrad:

Their is soooo much to do, places to go, bars etc, I don't think your
gps would hold all the way points :lol:

The rally takes place over the entire Black Hills area and numerous
towns, cities. I think you will be amazed. It's kind of like "Mecca"
for motorcycle riders.

The days before the rally official start ( 8th ), are the best riding days
due to less traffic. Usually once the 8th hits, it people watching time
as the zoo begins. Besides, Steve and Grumpy will be shopping for
tires by that time anyway. :roll:

Once you get there, they have official maps of the "Black Hills" that are
easy to follow.

You will be talking about this trip, for a long time :lol: :lol:

Geezer

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Tim:
Do you know if Marv and Diane are going?? I know they were planning
on it before the accident.

Geez

Spoke to Marv today, and should be in Sturgis on the 4th, and staying
in Spearfish. Cell number is 612-865-0559

·
Registered
141 Posts
Lets start planning someplace to meet for a ride....dinner.....drinks later. We should get together a couple times while we're all out there. How about a get together on the 7th some where for a ride and then again later in the week for those that can't make to this one??????
Some one pick a place......Yahooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: Steve :lol:

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
sb2bb said:
Lets start planning someplace to meet for a ride....dinner.....drinks later. We should get together a couple times while we're all out there. How about a get together on the 7th some where for a ride and then again later in the week for those that can't make to this one??????
Some one pick a place......Yahooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: Steve :lol:
Lets meet on the 3rd for lunch and plan a ride with dinner. We will be on the road to the left coast on the 6th.

Adrian

·
Registered
141 Posts
Adrian, Lets meet at One Eyed Jacks at 11:30 am Sturgis Time on the 3rd. We'll plan from there. Sound ok to you??? Steve

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
That will work for me but will need a map.

Adrian

·
Registered
141 Posts
Adrian, One Eyed is on the main street in Sturgis. Just ask anyone around.

Geez, I think there known for a lot of great things...I think food is down the list aways. Steve

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Steve,
Geezer miscopied the dates I'll be in Sturgis (must be his age :D ) I'll be there from the 7th-13th. I'm staying in Spearfish but hope to meet up most days with you guys. I'm going stag on this trip with a big group including my daughter's fiance. We have nine bikes going in two trailers and didn't have enough room for all of us in the tow vehicles so old Conrad volunteered to fly out to Rapid City where I'll be picked up. If they forget me at the airport I'll hunt them down and rip their.... Anyway, I mentioned they should have my bike warmed up just before I arrive but the more I think about it that may not be a good idea as they been itching to ride (read-abuse) my BH. I plugged all of the hot spots including Glencoe into my GPS so I'll hook up with you guys but not sure I can keep up with you. A week or so before Sturgis I'll be seeing Lamont at a Rally in Marysville, Ohio so maybe I'll get some pointers and a new tire.
Conrad

1 - 20 of 51 Posts