V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is the most stupid comment you have heard about your bike so far? We heard a good one while we were having breakfast the other day. :D

Man those gas tanks are really big, they must get good gas mileage.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Because I have the cast alum. Chevrolet valve covers , some non biker looked at my Boss and said " I didn't know Chevy made a motorcycle "

Jack

·
Registered
538 Posts
Stupid questions (and answers)

How fast will it go- speed limit's 70.

Why do you drive that- Because I can.

Is it heavy if it falls on you- not if you're a gorilla.

What kind of V twin is that- (from a guy at Ray Price Harley last week)- no answer.

Do you have to have a car license plate (while he was looking at my motorcycle plate).

I'll bet a new one of those runs over 1$5k- yep.

Now my all time favorite is when a lady asks 'Can I ride on it'- answer- 'the bike'?

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
What kind of 'Harley' is that?
It's a Boss Hoss.
Is that made by 'Harley'?
No, it's made by Boss Hoss.
Well who makes them, 'Harley'?

so on and so forth.....duh

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Two answers to the, "What do you do if it falls over" question:

1) "These bikes come factory equipped with a bone-saw for just such an occasion..."
-My trouble making Uncle, Capt Bob Rodgers, gets credit for that one.

2) "I have plenty of money, I just leave it sitting there on it's side and go buy a new one. Who knows, if you hang out with us you may get lucky some day.
-Ray Allison of Boss Hoss Cycles of Virginia gets credit for this one.

Both a couple of wise-ass, fun-loving guys that are a BLAST to hang out with!

Bill Taylor

·
Registered
232 Posts
1) Why do you need that much power? I don't need it I want it.

2)You must have a really good job to be able to afford that. Actually, my wife has an excellent job, I'm unemployed right now!

3) When I tell them it is a 502 big block they will still ask if it is a 454

4) have you ever really opened it up? No I bought this much bike so I could putter around slowly in my neighborhood

5) How can you ride that thing? I could never handle it. That's why I'm glad I'm riding it and you're not.

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
What is that and who makes it?

It is a test bike made by Chevrolet and it is sure fast. Chevy is going in the bike business like Chrysler has.

Oh Wow!!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
All time classic was a guy in a gas station...typical "Stanley Suburbia" with the mini van and the wool stokers cap, mustache and pipe :shock: .....talked to Vicki & I for 20 minutes asking all of the above.....as I started it to leave, his last comment to us was...."Boy, those Goldwings sure sound a lot different than they used to" :roll: ...and he was dead serious...thought Vicki was going to fall off the back as we turned out of the driveway...

But I think I'm going to start using your line Adrian....nice to start some rumors :lol: 8)

Tim

·
Registered
76 Posts
How fast will it go? I don't know for sure, speedometer only goes to 160...

Now watch their eyes dart back and forth from you to the bike without saying another word.

Ralphie

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
What kind of gas mileage does it get?

It weighs about 1/3 of the weight of a car that gets 20 MPG but I haven't gotten 60 yet, but I am trying.

Adrian

·
Registered
121 Posts
Heard a trucker on a CB as I was wizzing by last weekend... sayin" Thats onna those Harley V8 Bikes...lookit him go..." All the other truckers ahead were danglin out their windows lookin as I passed em...

was fun

MosaV8!

·
Registered
861 Posts
hahahhaha. Mine are similar:

1) While stopped at a light: "Man ju got a nice harly there"

2) One of my brother in laws, deadly serious, says that Harley makes the Boss hoss and even looked like he wanted to fight me for it!

3) As I pulled in, parked the BH at Barnes n Noble, I noticed this couple drinking coffee in the window. Evidently the guy was showing off his knowledge of bikes to his hot female companion. I came in and sat down with coffee. He says to me "Nice Harley you have there". I say "it's not a harley, it's a Boss Hoss". At which point his face turns red and as he stumbles for words his female companion quickly changes the subject and says to me "nice boots you have". hahhahahaha, boy did he make an idiot of himself in front of his gal!

4) "what kind of bike is that? a Harly?", "nope, a Boss Hoss", " who makes it, Harly", "nope, Boss Hoss"

5) While pumping gas I overheard some dude at the Island next to me say " What good is it" to his other friend who was gawking at the BH. Thought for a second he had ***** envy! hahahhaahah, but really he had BH envy.

6) And of course me favourite is (not a saying but a movement others do) . I swear that when other bikers see my BH coming down the road that they are tempted to raise BOTH hands at the same time to wave instead of one hand (as if they were gonna bow). hahahahahah

Milos

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Like I said in a previous posting , In my neck of the woods , hardcore Harley riders think the Boss Hoss is a joke . Most of them know me and wouldn't say anything too bad if I was around , but sometimes I hear comments like , where did you park you 2 wheel car , or , if I wanted a V8 I would have bought a truck or my all time favorite , that's not a motorcycle , it's a 2 wheel car . When I hear that , I say look , it's got a motor and 2 wheels , it's a motorcycle , just like your Harley has a motor and 2 wheels and that's a motorcycle also . Now what do have to say about that asshole ?

Jack

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Always..."How do you hold it up?"...I sit on the bike and say, "Like this." Of course there is always..."What kind of a Harley is that? I answer it is not a Harley, it's a Boss Hoss. The refrain is "Yeah but what KIND of a Harley?""....Joe

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I've gotten where I copy GM's slogan and just tell them "It's not more than you need just more than you're used to."

I get all the same questions, too. My dad told me the other day that my uncle and a friend were saying to him they've never met anybody with the balls to open a Boss Hoss up. I died laughing.

Chris

·
Registered
526 Posts
HogV8 said:
Like I said in a previous posting , In my neck of the woods , hardcore Harley riders think the Boss Hoss is a joke . Most of them know me and wouldn't say anything too bad if I was around , but sometimes I hear comments like , where did you park you 2 wheel car , or , if I wanted a V8 I would have bought a truck or my all time favorite , that's not a motorcycle , it's a 2 wheel car . When I hear that , I say look , it's got a motor and 2 wheels , it's a motorcycle , just like your Harley has a motor and 2 wheels and that's a motorcycle also . Now what do have to say about that asshole ?

Jack

The National President of the BFMC is a friend of mine and he rides a Boss Hoss. 8)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Jack,
I think it was Carburetor Mike who posted a few years ago that the FIRST motorcycle actually had a V8 engine on it! Maybe Mike can fill us in further on this info, but I seem to remember a post of his saying that.

Tell that to the Harley snobs out there.

Bill

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is it fast?

I've only had my V8 on the road for 6 months, but I want to vote for "Is it fast?".
How can it not be fast?
Patrick

1 - 20 of 43 Posts