V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share my experience on the Speedhut speedometer. With now over 2000 miles it gets a "10" on performance and looks. Very easy to install, no modification necessary. The GPS receiver is attached on a small 90 degree bracket on the front of the gauge assembly. 3M double sided automotive tape holds the bracket in place and the receiver sits on top. Since its magnetic it holds in place well. The gauge itself has some nice features.... One I really like is having a clock in the display. Trip, top speed, 1/4 mile times and even altitude are at the push of a button. Speed accuracy seems to be right on and I have not experienced any signal fade at all. I did get caught up in the rain with it and the dial glass fogged up. It's water resistant not waterproof.

As for customizing the gauge....there are so many different options. Their website lets you design the speedo and provides you a photo of the end result.

Glad I did not throw away the old speedo....I installed a dimmer from Autometer for my LED gauge lights and came up with this neat application: http://youtu.be/OcJKnspONmI
The old trip reset knob is now the dimmer. Another good reason not to throw old parts out!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great job !!!
My 2001 SB has an old analogue type speedo and I'm thinking about swapping to what you have.
I'm UK based do you have a link you could send to enable me to get one ?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I concur.

Have been running the Speedhut speedo on my 04 SB for some time now. Works great every time without fail.

Truly a quality product.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I see yours has the boss hoss logo on the face..I've checked on the website for this speedo and can't find one with the BH logo on
Anybody any info

·
Registered
544 Posts
Speedhut

I see yours has the boss hoss logo on the face..I've checked on the website for this speedo and can't find one with the BH logo on
Anybody any info
Steve, this last summer when I ordered and installed a transmission temp. gage from them : I was told that they "could not" put that logo on there ! However it is easy enough to access the dial face, and have a pinstripe person add what ever you want. Good luck, Craig H.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anybody any info
Steve,

It's not a logo. When you customize the face of the dial you can add BOSS HOSS by typing it and selecting a font you like.

Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
GPS Speedo

Would love to change mine out but wouldn't want to give up my volt meter that is built into the factory digital display.
I have a 2012 Gangta. I'm going to try reach out to Speedhut and ask if it could be added to their display.
Overall it looks like a nice product.

·
Registered
118 Posts
GPS Speedo

Would love to change mine out but wouldn't want to give up my volt meter that is built into the factory digital display.
I have a 2012 Gangta. I'm going to try reach out to Speedhut and ask if it could be added to their display.
Overall it looks like a nice product.
i am happy with my speedhut lincoln

1 - 10 of 10 Posts