V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to need a set of rear brake pads for my 2002 (Wilwood), and I have been reading where some are using a different pad that creates less dust. Does anyone have any info on where the best place to purchase these pads, and anyone with any info, numbers, contacts? I read where these pads were available for the Brembo set up, can anyone tell me if they are even available for the 2002 Wilwood system? Thanks all...

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Mike ,

These are the pads I run on my 2000 WilWood calipers , Front #15Q-6823K and rear #15Q-6824K . They work great and very little dust after they seat in . Bought them direct from Wilwood 1-800-388-1188

Jack

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Jack! That info is exactly what I was looking for. I am sure the 2000 and my 2002 are the same? I think my '97 was the same as my 2002. Is there a special compound you asked them about, to create less dust?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Mike ,

I don't remember . I think I just told them what I had and this what they recommended .

I don't know if you have seen my parts list on Wags Help site , but there might be some useful info there on parts and sources that would apply to your bike as well as mine .

Jack

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HMmmm...I have tried calling Wilwood, but it sounds like that phone number is no longer working...I hope they didn't get together with the factory and decide not to sell to people... :lol: I am still trying to get in touch with them. Their number is listed the same on their website as the one you gave me Jack. I don't know what is going on.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jack...new pads on the way! I talked to Justin at Wilwood, and he told me they could ship from there, but it would be cheaper if I ordered them from Summit or Jegs, etc. So I went to Summit's website, put in the part number you gave me, and found they were $49.95 a set. Wilwood's price was $53.25 from the factory. So I figure that set is for a car, so that's 2 sets for the Boss for $49.95. They said they would ship today, so I am set. Thanks Jack! :D

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Well , that's good to know but now it's all coming back to me . Fred Strammer gave me those part numbers and I tried to order those part numbers from Summit about 2 or 3 years ago and they said they never heard of those numbers so I went right to Wilwood. I'll have to change my sourse on my parts list .

In case you didn't know , Fred Strammer used to be one of our Boss Hoss masters back a few years ago . He has since moved on to bigger and better things I hear . I still use several of his ideas on my Boss as do a lot of the other guys .

Jack

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I remember Fred! I remember drooling when I saw a pic of his red/white/blue 502. I remember reading many of his posts on the net, while I was just beginning to fall in love (or should I say lust) with the Boss Hoss. I remember he had some wonderful ideas, just as all you guys have. I hope Fred is doing well, and I hope he knows his ideas and improvements are still foremost in Boss owners minds still today. I wondered what had happened to Fred!
Jack also, I could never get through to Wilwood with the 800 number, but instead I called (805) 388-1188 and got through to the factory. I am not sure, but it seems they may have discontinued their 800 number.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Thanks Mike , I'll make a note of the new number . You just can't have enough aftermarket sources for parts considering the factories new policy on ordering parts . I think the are making a big mistake . I can see it on new bike's that are still under warranty but after that , forget it .

Jack

·
Registered
838 Posts
HogV8 said:
Mike ,

These are the pads I run on my 2000 WilWood calipers , Front #15Q-6823K and rear #15Q-6824K . They work great and very little dust after they seat in . Bought them direct from Wilwood 1-800-388-1188

Jack
Jack,
both part #'s are already copied to my next Summit parts order listing.
Thanks for this good posting of you. This is what a board is for.

Loaf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts