V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys........What does the little knurled knob on the top off the rear shocks actually do?? What effect am I supposed to feel when I turn the knob either clockwise, or counterclockwise? I have the knob turned all the way counter clockwise now. I think there are 4 or 5 "clicks" of adjustment. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!! :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
According to the manual (I read mine last week, so it is still fresh on my mind..*LOL*), The farther to the left (counterclockwise) the knob is turned, the softer the ride is. I tried this out Thursday while the wife and I were out riding, and it seems to actually work. Since I weigh about 150, and she only weighs in at a whooping 77 lbs, the shocks seem to work best for us both when the knob is turned as soft as possible, then 2 clicks to the right. For me riding alone, I leave the shocks in the softest setting. It really does seem to make quite a difference. 8)

·
Registered
750 Posts
:lol: Eddie, I am up from what I weighed for many years, which was 138lbs... :lol: My wife is less than 5 ft. tall, and people ask me all the time who is that little girl that rides with me sometimes. Little do they know we have 4 grown sons 25,25,23 and 20 years old...and we have 4 grandsons, and possibly one more on the way... :eek: People ask me "How hard is that thing to ride?" All I normally say is "Look at me...I am not a big man, am on my second Boss Hoss, and can't stay off of it... and this permanent grin on my face when I am on the Boss tells the whole story". :wink:

·
Registered
543 Posts
cool. I'm only busting them on ya!! but up from 138?? HMmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I'm 6'4" and am down to 210 from 225 since I took a company buy out and retired. More power to you for riding the Boss. Remember rubber side down, take care

FastEddie

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Don,

They control the dampening rate only, not ride height or tension.

With two up I set them full and single all the way soft or one click off soft.

Tim

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I really never noticed one bit of difference from least to most dampening and have really tried to tell the difference. The spring tension really makes a great difference but the dampening knob....I can't tell and if I can't tell then there is, really, no difference at least for me.
Joe

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies! I also have tried them in the different positions, and haven't felt much, if any difference. But that was by myself. I'll try it when I'm two up and see what happens. Thanks again! :capwin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts