V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Sanderson's

TJ;

Those headers are really neat! they change the appearance of the whole machine.

I got to hear a couple of different Boss's with Sanderson's @ the last Daytona, but I don't think they were the same headers that the heat shields would fit.

Really well done! The horsepower increase is a bonus!

I'll let Lamont or Elvis or one the other gurus explain the photo sizing. I'm just @ the tip end of learning myself. Something about linking to the "thumbnails" instead of the photos though.

Beautiful Boss

Ride Safe!
HAWK88
Jack Phillips

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Awaiting mine. Questions. It appears that the headers come out farther as they exit the ports. Do you have to spread the knees more than stock? Also, did you re-wrap the rear tubes on each side? Where the header tubes meet the turnouts appears to be lower than the turnout tip. Is ground clearance there a problem?....Joe

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe...
I think it just looks that way in the pictures. I did find it may take you a couple trys to get the covers just right. A little forward or rearward will make them go on crooked.... but they will go on straight once centered.
I have not wrapped my rear tubes as of yet... I thought I would run them for a while and see. I know there have been issues with rust ect. in the past and I thought if the heat is not too bad without it then I won`t. So far it`s not too bad without the wrap.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Tom...They sure do make a difference in the look of the bike. I'm not sure if I like the look better or not but I've already put my money down and should be getting them by the end of next week. They certainly remove any doubt of the bike's intentions and I think I'll love them. What about performance without NOS and what about my clearance question?...thanks for your input...Joe

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don`t think you are going to have a clearance problem there at all. I haven`t hit the twisties yet but I can tell you the tip will touch first.
There is a noticable performance gain... seems like all the way through the power band. Not to mention the sound..... WOW! ...You`re going to love em.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here are a couple more shots

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just stock OEM gaskets.... no sealer and no leaks. :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Those headers look really good and I bet they sound awesome blasting down the road. Has anyone spoken to Sanderson about a setup for the trikes? Or, could these be installed under a trike body with the turnouts turned down?

Ralphie

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
What is the price tag on the Sandersons ?

Jack

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Desert Deuce said:
Those headers look really good and I bet they sound awesome blasting down the road. Has anyone spoken to Sanderson about a setup for the trikes? Or, could these be installed under a trike body with the turnouts turned down?

Ralphie
Ralphie
I talked to him about doing it for a trike and they will fit. The problem is the hanger on for tip is father back on a trike than a 2 wheeler. I would get the turn down slip tube about 5" longer w/o a hanger. When I crashed my 2 wheeler I destroyed the turn outs so I bought a set of chrome ones from the net with out hangers, installed them and they worked well. You don't need the hanger with this set up and the main reason he put them on the pipes is because the Boss had them to hold up the tail pipe.
I held Bob's headers up to my trike so I know they will fit.

Adrian

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Wow , I guess I'll be waiting for the price to come down on those babies .

Jack

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Tommy,

Verrrrry cool 8) Sure wish mine would be on the doorstep soon :cry: Not even going to bother Boyd though, I think he is getting lots of calls already.

Scoot really looks good.

Tim

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Tim.... You might want to give him a call anyway. There was a mix up on mine so they were a week late.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Tom,

Might do that,....sent him certified check so he wouldn't have to wait for it to clear....anything to speed up the process :lol: I'll bug him tomorrow and see how it's coming along.

I'm waiting for a set of Tim Sirons wires too. Mine is falling apart at 5000rpm under hard aceeleration. Hopefully it's ignition and I don;t have to jerk the tank off and mess woth carburetion......but the plugs I pulled were running fuel rich...so it could have been they were too cold.

Tim

1 - 20 of 59 Posts