V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im considering selling my 150hp low rider s for a boss hoss.

My other bike is a 2018 road glide special which is about as tall as I want to go.

Will a sbc bassed bike be to much for me it's a 04 so 2 speed bike tyre bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Boss Hoss is so well balanced and smooth to ride. Its different than a Harley for sure but I don't find it to be to much to handle at all. I have a 2017 Street Glide as well. It is a 'beast' and a lot of fun to take out. I am most amazed at how smooth it rides. On the open road it is a dream.

·
Registered
2001 SB; BHC-3 2001 BB; BHC-3 502
439 Posts
Hi Gros21,

Where are you from?
I ride Boss Hoss for nearly 20 years now..
I live in Switzerland and like the mountainroads. Many people think curvy roads are nothing for a Boss Hoss, nope, you just have to focus...
Riding a BH is not like another motorcycle. The weight is higher than any other 2 wheeler but the mass center is really low. As soon as you ride 10 15 mph it's stable and you forget about the weight... :)

Maintaining a Boss Hoss is also easy, when you have some wrenching skills.

Go and try one, you'll be hocked!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Boss Hoss is so well balanced and smooth to ride. Its different than a Harley for sure but I don't find it to be to much to handle at all. I have a 2017 Street Glide as well. It is a 'beast' and a lot of fun to take out. I am most amazed at how smooth it rides. On the open road it is a dream.
Do u find it taller than the sg? My rg is about as tall as I want to go.

If I get the bs I'm tempted to throw on some air shocks. I presume Harley air shocks would work as I beleave they are based on some corvette air shocks. I'll do more research of course.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do u find it taller than the sg? My rg is about as tall as I want to go.

If I get the bs I'm tempted to throw on some air shocks. I presume Harley air shocks would work as I beleave they are based on some corvette air shocks. I'll do more research of course.
I'm 6' and don't find the Boss Hoss any taller than the Street Glide.

·
Registered
439 Posts
If you are vertically challenged (not so tall), then you need to look for an SS.
That type has a lower seat and shorter wheelbase, which improves the handling in tight places.

As you live in a area with not so many BH Owners nearby, you should try to find a ZZ4 with carburator. The ZZ4 with EFI systems are a tad more complicated.
The LS3 or LS2 injection is fully computerized, there you might need help from professionals in case of a failure.

An US car geek will shurely help at least with the motor of any of the Boss Hoss.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ss is not legal here I don't think. Only the bhc3.

I think there were 30-40 bikes brought into the country.

I'm happy to lower it with air shocks.

I'm 5ft7 and 200lb+ and 36 if it helps. Seat height is on par with my rgs.

Engine wise not so much of a concern it will be a small block. We get the ls motors here in our monaro/commodore/maloo varients up to the super charged lsa's

More of a issue is the gearbox.

Just thought alot of you guys would of went from a harley tourer to a bh. If you all said nope it's a size up again, then Id reconsider.

If I get a bite on my fxlrs Harley I'm getting one.

I use the road glide as touring bike and the fxlrs is crazy fun I'm just wanting more it's 150hp so the boss hoss will be 2-3 times that.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I rode a Yamaha Virago 1000cc before I jumped on a Boss Hoss in 2001.I still have the BHC 3 ZZ4.
In 2012 I added the 502 to my stable and had to give away the Virago 3 years ago as I did not ride it for 5 years or so...

I wish you good luck finding a good 350 ZZ4!
Have fun with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I rode a Yamaha Virago 1000cc before I jumped on a Boss Hoss in 2001.I still have the BHC 3 ZZ4.
In 2012 I added the 502 to my stable and had to give away the Virago 3 years ago as I did not ride it for 5 years or so...

I wish you good luck finding a good 350 ZZ4!
Have fun with it.

I've found 2 one has airbrushed mural on the tank which isn't my tank so will get resprayed. But it's a 400ci stroker.

Other is a ls2 bike 10k usd more but makes less power its paint is standard grey metallic.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The stroker sounds interesting. In Switzerland it would be impossible to get it licensed.
The LS2 is already fully "computerized" and it was only built 1 or 2 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In australia the BCH-3 had import approval (not the ss model) so they were imported and mod plated as you would for any single import, Then a aussie company became a dealership and was selling them so they would be like buying a nissan from a dealership.

Both of these fall in the 2nd form so should be easyier to rego.

But as BCH-3 were approved i can have any BCH-3 combo so upto 502Ci and even a blown engine, can produce 10% more power than the 502 in theory and as new bikes are injected that would also be legal.

Having said that my harleys are twice the power of OEM with zero issues with loud pipes.

Ive sold some crypto so funds are there imjust going to see which boss owner has more movement in price and see what vibes i get from each owner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts