V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried to spin their rear wheel by hand when the bike is off the ground or on jack stands. I can turn mine by hand but it is far from being free wheeling . Is this because the trans. does not have oil pressure when the engine is not runnig . I checked the rear brake and it isn't draging . It has probably always been like that but I just never noticed . I know when I have repacked the wheel bearings in the past I spun the wheel and it turned freely without the belt on . Has anyone else noticed this .

·
Registered
898 Posts
Rerar wheel, where is that located? :)

:p
I think your right on that, automatics turn hard with no power to the pump.
Mine and Tim's are like that.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Same with me Jack. Although even though the rear brakes don't "drag" the pads do usually just "kiss" the rotor. I drop the caliper when I adjust my belt, and found it makes the wheel a little easier to spin.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Belt

I guess I'm lazy, I put the rear up on jack stands and run her at idle in low. That gives me the best idea of where the belt will be at speed. It's such a fine spot on mine where the belt runs in the middle, 1/8 turn makes a difference. :twisted:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rear Wheel

Thanks guys for the response . I swear these Boss Hoss's are a never ending learning curve . The more you tinker with them , the more you learn .
Wag , thats the way I adjust my belt also . Maybe that's why I never noticed the drag on the rear wheel .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts