V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping that someone out there knows of a repair manual that is either specific to the Boss Hoss or the small block engine or at leat a motorcycle manual that can show me how to fix things when needed. I'm looking for everything from how to take off the wheels to repairing the engine.

I have the owners manual, but that is almost no help at all. My bike/engine repair knowledge is almost as low as it gets, so this would need to be easy for a beginner to understand.

I don't want to have to ride circles around towns with a repair shop, I want to venture out sometimes and be able to fix any problems that come up.

Hopefully one of you can help.

p.s. Whoever put this website together, thanks. I've already learned a ton and I look forward to getting out on some road trips and meeting a few more riders.

Thanks,

Bigdaddy

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Bigdaddy said:
I'm hoping that someone out there knows of a repair manual that is either specific to the Boss Hoss or the small block engine or at leat a motorcycle manual that can show me how to fix things when needed. I'm looking for everything from how to take off the wheels to repairing the engine.

I have the owners manual, but that is almost no help at all. My bike/engine repair knowledge is almost as low as it gets, so this would need to be easy for a beginner to understand.

I don't want to have to ride circles around towns with a repair shop, I want to venture out sometimes and be able to fix any problems that come up.

Hopefully one of you can help.

p.s. Whoever put this website together, thanks. I've already learned a ton and I look forward to getting out on some road trips and meeting a few more riders.

Thanks,

Bigdaddy
You are right about the manual we get from Boss Hoss but it does help if you are a semi qualified mechanic. Best thing to do is jump in and try what ever you need to do and if you get stumped most folks on this board will help.
Most speed shops have a manual on the small block's, even Pep Boys has them.

Adrian

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Ravinsomniac said:
That brings up a question. How do you time the engine, given the limited space?
The marks are above the water pump and you set the timing from the back side of the pulley. Once you know where it is you will see it clearly. I set the total advance at 36 degrees with the vacuum disconnected.

Adrian

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I find 38 degrees to be what my SB bike wants. I do, however have different heads and cam than stock. The deal is to set the timing as aggressively as possible without pre-ignition. Go play!...Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts