V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I'm setting up the rear end of my 2004 SB for my passenger and I'd like to know if you ride two up frequently, what passenger setup mods you've made i.e

- seats/backrest
- pegs/floorboards
- Handling exhaust noise

I'm particulary curious about passenger floorboard setups/different leg positions. Trying to give my passenger more comfort on those 500 mile days.

From past experience, passenger comfort=good day for me :p

Thanks in advance

Aldo

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Aldo

For maximum passenger comfort the passenger should fly to the destination on those long trips and ride at the destination for a few days , then fly back. My wife said that and it works for me :p

Bill

·
Registered
750 Posts
Aldo,
My wife rides a lot with me, and she rarely complains (unless I plan on riding 1000 miles a day, then I ride alone, as I did from Key West). We have ridden 2-up to Florida, approximately 575 - 600 miles a day, with no problems at all. I am still using the factory footpegs, but I adjusted them for her best comfort. She is less than 5 ft. tall, so the pegs are situated high as you can imagine. I have the touring seat, with the driver backrest attached, and she seldom complains about the seating. I just make sure and stop about every 125-150 miles for a stretch (by that time the Boss Hoss is thirsty anyway). On the '97 Boss we had, in 2 years we put 34,000 miles on it. On this one, we have had it 1 year this month, and the odometer reads almost 16,000 miles. Just this year, it has been to Key West, Tybee Island Ga., and Lord willing, back to Florida again next month. She has ridden with me on every trip, except the Key West trip. Even she said "no way" as a passenger on that long trip. That is probably a good thing, since I rode straight through coming home, about 21 hours in 25 degree weather most of the way from north Florida in March. :lol:

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I'm set up for touring with my wife although she frequently rides her own bike.

Pipes are out the back no mufflers, nice growl, easy on the ears.
http://www.v8bikeriders.com/viewtopic.php?t=1362

Definitely floorboards. I haven't used pegs for years. That's just as important for comfort as a good seat and backrest to me because you can shuffle your feet around while riding.

We have a Corbin seat with drivers and passenger backrest. It's firm but easy to get used to in a day or so.

I spend most of my riding time on the highway in all conditions. A good full fairing in the front is a must too. Eating bugs gets old for me real fast.
http://www.v8bikeriders.com/viewtopic.php?t=1123

stu

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Stu

That is the same seat I have. If you are using the stock battery does yours sit right on the battery. I mean right on it not over it. When I changed to the smaller battery I had to build a storage box to provide the same support. Dont know if it was that critical but did it anyway. Now I have to think about what to put in it. So far there is extra fan belt, ignition switch and roll of duck tape.

Bill

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
FYI,

Wag & I put the smaller batts in 2 yrs ago and do not run the snubbers for the battery support & have had no issues......

Those seat pans are very ridgid once the seats are attached.

Tim

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Speaking of two up setups...has anyone done a good one for the passenger on a 2000? Adrian sold me a custom seat which my wife likes better but moves me too far forward and then I am uncomfortable. The stock 2000 setup is miserable for the passenger. Ideas if any?...Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts