V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice on value of a 1995 or 96 Boss Hoss.

It was put together from Kit.

Low Miiles, Under 15K.

Single Speed / No Reverse / Has the 350HP 350 SB with Aluminum Heads

Just trying to gauge what a fair price would be on one ?

Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
Based on what my old '98 went for several years ago, with fewer miles...

I'd say $5k tops. Unless the "buyer" REALLY likes any of the customization on the bike.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Is it a single speed with a clutch??? Does it have a factory
made serial number plate??? For that year they were only
selling rolling chassis. It could be a basic kit not put together
and titled till 95-96. I'm thinking around 8-10 K unless it
has a single speed automatic, then it's worth some more.

Welcome to V8BIKERIDERS...

pAUL h

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Agreed. A nice clutch bike is worth around 10K.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it a single speed with a clutch??? Does it have a factory
made serial number plate??? For that year they were only
selling rolling chassis. It could be a basic kit not put together
and titled till 95-96. I'm thinking around 8-10 K unless it
has a single speed automatic, then it's worth some more.

Welcome to V8BIKERIDERS...

pAUL h
It does have what appears to be factory made serial number plate on it with date of manufacture with VIN number.

Tranny is single speed, does have a clutch but somehow the previous owner rigged it up that toggle switch could be used to engage and disengage it somehow.

Bike does have lower miles than I had previously reported with around 5,000 miles

Newer rubber, some customization done on it 20 years ago but now dated with the seats and saddle bags , nothing special with the paint just black, needs a good cleaning and updating IMO.

Seen a 96 recently sell on eBay for 7000. NADA has trade in value in these bikes for this year at around 6800 with full retail around 10k. Just looking for realistic number on these seems prices are all over the place and don't see a whole lot of older ones for sale for comparison and prices also seem to vary depending on what part of the country your located in but I guess that can be expected.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Doesn't sound like a clutch bike. I don't doubt that someone could, somehow, rig up a toggle switch to operate the clutch, but I don't see how it is possible without servos, linear actuators and sophisticated electronics that could feather the clutch under varying conditions. I'm 100% certain that it is a one speed automatic and will be worth more than a clutch bike. 12/14K

·
Registered
426 Posts
Where are you trying to sell this thing?
I'd be shocked if it netted $10k, and wouldn't believe more than that unless it was overseas and desirable.
Sorry, just my personal experience selling (and shopping for) 90's era Boss Hoss bikes in my area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you trying to sell this thing?
I'd be shocked if it netted $10k, and wouldn't believe more than that unless it was overseas and desirable.
Sorry, just my personal experience selling (and shopping for) 90's era Boss Hoss bikes in my area.
Here is photo of the bike, not a very good one but gives you an idea of what I am dealing with.

I am looking to make an offer on it, don't want to get taken advantage but at the same time don't want to piss the current owner off enough for him not want to sell it to me.

If I do end up with it this would be my first V8 Bike, so just don't want to get hurt on the deal and want to leave some room in there in case I do need to sell at some point in time for some reason
I can get my money back out of it or get close to getting my money back anyway. I notice in area in which I live seems like when a Boss Hoss does come up for sale it will sit a long time, so seems
like they are are a tough sale, but the the ones I have seen for sale are newer and demand more money.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doesn't sound like a clutch bike. I don't doubt that someone could, somehow, rig up a toggle switch to operate the clutch, but I don't see how it is possible without servos, linear actuators and sophisticated electronics that could feather the clutch under varying conditions. I'm 100% certain that it is a one speed automatic and will be worth more than a clutch bike. 12/14K
I think it is a clutch bike, it has the vacuum assist canister on the left side.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think it is a clutch bike, it has the vacuum assist canister on the left side.
I agree. I have the same (but in black) booster on the bike in my signature. it is a clutch bike. I don't know what the switch would be... but don't think it is related to the transmission.
Also looks like a clutch lever on the left handlebar.

And, just my opinion - it would take me days to remove the crap on there I don't like at all. Everyone likes their own thing, I get that, but I see work and risk not value.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It is a clutch bike. There is no magic toggle switch, I am certain. Whether the dresser stuff is crap or what you want, is in the eyes of the beholder. It isn't a great pic, but I see nothing wrong with that bike. Be aware that the clutch bikes are a bit of a handful at low speeds. You will learn how to change clutches as they need to be slipped a lot and, therefore, usually last 9 or 10 thousand miles. They do tend to run hot at higher speeds. On the other hand, they are rock solid and dependable. That being said, in spite of the W/S, bags, air horns and other gizmos and the plain Jane paint job, I wouldn't go a dime over 10K

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Price check on 1991 BH that is the first kit bike sold by BH???

Most of you members know that I bought and
Frank Elliott & I built Kit #1. While I owned it
it went through several up grades. From a 350
to a 406 and then a well built 434 CI all aluminum
block with Brodix heads and a Barry Grant Carb.
One of the last thing we did was put a single
automatic in it. Always looked the same just
many internal upgrades and modifactions.
Now the big question, what is it worth???
First kit bike sold by BH. Early on one of, if not,
the quickest BH of it's time period.
You won't hurt my feeling as I no longer own it.

Paul H

·
Registered
426 Posts
Most of you members know that I bought and
Frank Elliott & I built Kit #1. While I owned it
it went through several up grades. From a 350
to a 406 and then a well built 434 CI all aluminum
block with Brodix heads and a Barry Grant Carb.
One of the last thing we did was put a single
automatic in it. Always looked the same just
many internal upgrades and modifactions.
Now the big question, what is it worth???
First kit bike sold by BH. Early on one of, if not,
the quickest BH of it's time period.
You won't hurt my feeling as I no longer own it.

Paul H
Take what the motor is worth today, divide by 2, add $3k.
Remove air horns if so equipped before taking pictures.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Meh.......It looks like the KS KID went AWOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a 1992 Boss Hogg for 7800. It needs a lot of work it's not pretty but I think it's the best investment in my life! The fun you'll have is worth more than the money spent without a doubt. I've had quite a few bikes mylifetime Honda's Harley's Kawasaki Yamaha but by far the most fun I've ever had on a bike is this 92 Boss Hogg that was also a kit, automatic single speed no clutch. Today I had to weld up four different leaks in the gas tank which I thought was due to rust but after stripping the paint off I realize the previous owner had just drilled through and cut through the tank in a few different spots kind of nutty but still worth every penny. I would do it again in a second! Whatever price you end up paying it's worth it. Have fun in the wind my friend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts