V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the new front forks, new radiator and 2 speed tranny and now I think I want to add the new style side panels to my bike. What year do I need to order? Has anyone done this to their bike and if so what else is involved?
Thanks guys
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,643 Posts
Lamont

I added the 02 side covers, front fender and radiator shroud. It was a piece of cake and sure added the looks to my bike.

Adrian

 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,643 Posts
Lamont

Here is a shot that shows where it hides the reserve tank and cleans it up. Jack did his 2000 and looks good.

Adrian



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks great :D Where can I get a seat like yours too? I'm thinking I can spend a few bucks on repainting my side covers and adding a seat like yours and I should be happy with the looks of my bike for a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,619 Posts
Yes , I also have 2003 side panels a radiator shroud on my 2000 and I think it looks good . In fact I have a friend that has a 99 Boss and he has 2003 front forks , side panels , shroud , seat pan , seat and fenders. If you saw it you would swear it was a brand new bike .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HogV8 said:
Yes , I also have 2003 side panels a radiator shroud on my 2000 and I think it looks good . In fact I have a friend that has a 99 Boss and he has 2003 front forks , side panels , shroud , seat pan , seat and fenders. If you saw it you would swear it was a brand new bike .
Is there a difference in the 02 and 03 panels? How do they mount?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,619 Posts
As far as I know the 01 -04 side panels are all the same. I think Adrian drilled and tapped his frame . I fabricated clamps to go around the frame and mounted mine that way . The 01 - 04 's have tabs welded to the frame for mounts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,619 Posts
Look in my album for a picture of my 2000 with 2003 side covers or see below



Jack
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,643 Posts
LaMonsterV8 said:
That looks great :D Where can I get a seat like yours too? I'm thinking I can spend a few bucks on repainting my side covers and adding a seat like yours and I should be happy with the looks of my bike for a while.

Lamont

I took my bike over to Corbin and had it made so it would cover up the gas tank fill and finish off the bike like it should be. Jack saw mine, wanted one like it, but with his own design so I took my bike over so Corbin could use my bike for a pattern.
I have gone over to Corbin for other Boss Hoss Bikes, for folks and let Corbin use my bike as the pattern.

If you want to do that I will be glad to go there for you. I will send you some pictures of the process of what Corbin does if you want.

Adrian

They charge $495. be a solo or a dual seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,619 Posts
The main differrence between Adrians seat and mine other than the color is I am 6' 2" tall so I like to set back farther. Consequently my tail section or passenger seat is a bit shorter. My wife doesn't very often ride with me because she has her own bike , but when she has ridden with me she said the passenger seat is very comfortable .
Another thing you will have to do if you decide to run the late model side covers on your 99 is to relocate you passenger foot pegs. I mounted mine on the swingarm mounting plate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Jack,
good locking bike you have there. :D I am very interested in the shape of your exhaust pipe. It seems to go right up and then back along the swingarm. Here in Germany for legal reasons I have the factory long pipe with a little muffler on. That pipe goes out (instead of up) and then back. This is horror because in curves, insted with the foot pegs I hit the ground with the pipe first (especially on the left side). Did you buy that pipe or is it custom made ? How far does is go arround the swingarm ?
Thank you
Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,619 Posts
Peter , I fabricated the pipes myself . I started with a set of 2 1/2 " dual Nascar pipes cut off about even with the center of the transmission . I bought two , 2 1/2 " , 45 degree elbows that fit over the 2 1/2" Nascar pipes and two taperd tailpipe extensions which I welded to the elbows after I got eveything fit the way I wanted. I then fit and welded a bracket on each pipe to mount in the stock location. After everything was fitted and welded , I had it chromed. The elbow and the extension are held on to the Nascar pipes with a polished stainless steel clamp . The Nascar pipes extend back in the stock position and the new extensions curve out and up to fit very close into the angled section of the swingarm. The picture is very decieving because it makes the pipes look like they slope down towards the rear which they don't . I don't know if it was the way the bike was leaning on the kickstand when I took the picture or what but the pipes run parallel to the frame and where the bend is, is actually 1" higher than the tip of the stock Nascar pipes were. I know because I measured before and after . I personally love the look and they sound pretty nice also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Jack is a bit modest. I have heard these pipes and they sound amazing. The megaphone tips really enhance the sound. If you hear them, you will want a set too.


Jack, why don't you record them or make a short video of starting up and revving a bit?? Then post it here or on the yahoo site???


Hoss
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Adrian said:
LaMonsterV8 said:
That looks great :D Where can I get a seat like yours too? I'm thinking I can spend a few bucks on repainting my side covers and adding a seat like yours and I should be happy with the looks of my bike for a while.

Lamont

I took my bike over to Corbin and had it made so it would cover up the gas tank fill and finish off the bike like it should be. Jack saw mine, wanted one like it, but with his own design so I took my bike over so Corbin could use my bike for a pattern.
I have gone over to Corbin for other Boss Hoss Bikes, for folks and let Corbin use my bike as the pattern.

If you want to do that I will be glad to go there for you. I will send you some pictures of the process of what Corbin does if you want.

Adrian

They charge $495. be a solo or a dual seat.
I may take you up on that Adrian. 8) I really love what you and Jack have done with your bikes. 8)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,643 Posts
Lamont
One thing else (maybe several) is the small changes that you can do. I cut the crash bars off and had some new ones chromed, cut the foot pegs off and added sliders which put the master cylinder away from the headers. Along with the radiator shroud, new fenders, side covers, and 1&1/4" handle bars. It sure helped the looks and if I had got the newer forks the looks would be much as a 03 model. My forks work as good as our new Boss, so I didn't need new ones.
If I were you I would do all this stuff plus paint the frame for sure. Ever since I was at a bike show looking at Jesse Jame's bikes and 2 stood out but of the 2, one was quit a better looking but I couldn't figure out what was the difference. My friend ask me which was the best looking and we both agreed that they were excellent but one was much nicer but the color wasn't my choice. He ask me what was the difference and I couldn't tell what made it better looking. He then pointed out the frame painted the same as the rest of the bike. Ever since then I have painted my frames and is worth the time and money.
Of course if you go with black then you don't have to do the paint frame.

Adrian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,619 Posts
I guess that's why every bike I've ever owned I always stuck to a paint scheme with black as the basic color because it matched the frame . Or maybe I'm just cheap . Ha Ha
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top