V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got back into riding motorcycles after a 6 year break.
I bought a 2004 Harley Road King. While on a few long rides, I rode a friends Harley Street Glide and really liked it. I started looking and in a couple of weeks I found a 2017 Street Glide with 700 miles. After a short trip to Dallas to look at the bike it came home with me. That was 2 Harleys in less than 3 weeks.

I was content and happy at that point.

About 25 years ago, while at the Sturgis rally, I ran into a Boss Hoss dealer who was offering demo rides so i took advantage and fell in love. Since that day I have always admired them and said that 'one day' I would own one.

I had always looked at the V8 bike classifieds and thought about that 'one day'. Little did I imagine that after just buying 2 Harleys that 'day' would happen. I found the Boss Hoss I always wanted. It was a 2004, original owner, low mileage loaded out BHC-3, ZZ4 with the most beautiful American flag paint work. I fell in love and convinced my wife that we needed it. (That would be 3 bikes in less that 2 months and yes I have a good wife). That 'ONE DAY' had happened!!!

I love the BEAST and it is an amazing machine.

A few years ago I had bought a Boss Hoss - Hoss Fly to be entertained at car shows that my son and I participate on. The Boss Hoss bike along with the Hoss Fly will surely be lots of fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The forum isn't very active anymore. It's disappointing.
Thinking it’s because lots of bikes not on the road anymore due to nesco transmission problems.
At least that’s why my 2000 502 Hoss
Has been parked for 7 years, the nesco
Was rebuilt 3 times and bike has 30,000 miles.
Finally Winters transmission in Pennsylvania with Tom at Mountain Boss Hoss developed a tranny.
A powerglide
I can’t attest to its longevity
However I hear it’s near bulletproof
Anyway have a great day stay safe.
Randy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thinking it’s because lots of bikes not on the road anymore due to nesco transmission problems.
At least that’s why my 2000 502 Hoss
Has been parked for 7 years, the nesco
Was rebuilt 3 times and bike has 30,000 miles.
Finally Winters transmission in Pennsylvania with Tom at Mountain Boss Hoss developed a tranny.
A powerglide
I can’t attest to its longevity
However I hear it’s near bulletproof
Anyway have a great day stay safe.
Randy
Also I did just installed Winters transmission and it seems strong.
If anyone has any questions
I’ll try to answer I dont
Check this very often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts