I don't know if you're talking about me or not, but I don't put too much in my profile on purpose. You just never know who's looking.
I run a dog kennel. I'm 45, wife 2 teenagers. I live in the country just southeast of Edmonton Alberta. I like mountain sledding and road biking. I don't spend a heck of a lot of time riding around the city. I like to go away from people, phones, radios when I'm on holidays. I was an electrician for 20 years working everything from construction to mining. I was an avid hunter until all the gun laws came in. I don't believe they work, so I quit hunting instead. I have trained retrievers for a long time including a high point dog in Canada and another that is a field champion. I was a successful musician and played on the country circuit for years. I chose the family life over that. I enjoy a drink but don't smoke.
Oh yeah, my handle comes from my sledding, not biking.
I am a 1/2 Lurker. I read these boards everyday and share the enthusiasm for the Power and alure that it draws. I have been divorced 3 times and about to remarry at the ripe old age of 53
The fella I bought this 1999 ZZ4 (Oscar) is 70 and on his 3rd wife of 49, so I am in good stead!
The Boss for me is a statement of several things:
1. You can master a bike and choose a bike that few have or can drive with as much ease as you show.
2. You can afford it $$$
3. You have the power and not afraid to show it
4. AT times you are humble yet proud, because you know others covet them.
5. The entire city or at least neighborhood might not know you, but they certainly know the bike!!
6. It's a great stress reliever, with man mastering the machine, or so we would like to think.