V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the ice is melted so I can get out of my driveway now. Yesterday was a drag :( it got up to 58 but I still had a bunch of ice on my driveway and there is no way I was going to play that game again :( Hope you all are doing well. Merry Christmas :D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I am going to try and get a short ride in later today too. While I won't take the Boss out (just too much salt and sand on the roads) at least I hope to ride. Careful on that ice Lamont :shock:

·
Registered
488 Posts
You guys be careful on that Ice...Tried that in Ohio last year and That ride was no fun at all!!...Took all 3 of my calipers apart and rebuilt them put on a new M/Cylinder on the rear brakes,new pads,blew out all the lines and added new fluid so the brakes are great now......
I need to get out and ride today also,The High today is only supposed to get up to 75 so I might just need a light jacket..Hee..Hee.....

Ho..Ho...Ho...Happy Holidays to All!!...(Except Geezer!!)

Dave

·
Registered
624 Posts
The weather was so warm had to take the Hoss out on Christmas. It was up to the mid 40s. We had alot of rain early in the week to wash the salt off the road. I think V-Man just got either more snow or ice up there in God's country. Weather and roads look good for all this week.
Glenn

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
You guys are killin' us poor fools up here in the hinterland :cry: Looks like we're going to see 40 Saturday, but of course it is supposed to rain as well.....we'd have to have about a week of heavy rain right now to wash the salt of the roads.......oh well, I guess that's why we appreciate our three months of summer so much :wink:

Ride careful..........

Tim

·
Registered
898 Posts
40 today

Really nice out today but my Boss is down for modifications. didn't see anyone else ridin either.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Glenn Boglisch said:
The weather was so warm had to take the Hoss out on Christmas. It was up to the mid 40s. We had alot of rain early in the week to wash the salt off the road. I think V-Man just got either more snow or ice up there in God's country. Weather and roads look good for all this week.
Glenn
Glenn

I never did get out. The weather warmed up decent but then downpours of rain :( and all that salt/sand is still there. We still have snow on the ground up here after all the warm temps and rain! I know a bunch of guys riding down your way ... I may have to trailer down just to get a ride in :D no way I can wait till March.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Winter ride

I didn't get out, I am sorry to say, but I did see a bunch of bikes on the road today. Sunny and dry. Mostly Harleys. I had company and had to stay in.

Maybe tomorrow.

Hoss

·
Registered
488 Posts
Great ride yesterday,Left Daytona with 9 harleys and 2 Valks and headed to Cocoa Beach,stopped at Dixie Crossroads in Titusville for lunch and away we go again.Can't say enough about the new Cam and #7 Nesco converter, the only problem I have is trying to stay off the throttle!!....One guy on a Valk wanted to play and it sure pissed him off when I passed him with the tire smoking!!....I did good,I contained myself and only did 3 burnouts all day (sure wish they would make a MC tire that would last longer)....The weather was great and they are calling for lows in the 50's and highs in the upper 70's all week so it looks like alot more riding, and I sure Hope I can make the Keys ride with the South Fl. bunch in a couple weeks.....I have a feeling it will be time to change the rear tire when I get back from that one!!! 8)

Dave

·
Registered
624 Posts
V-Man,
If the weather never clears up there you are welcome to trailer down here and leave your trailer here in CT. and/or stay over the weekend sometime if the weather down here is good and do some riding. Had some running around and a wake to go to today so put another 150 on my beast today.
Glenn

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Glenn Boglisch said:
V-Man,
If the weather never clears up there you are welcome to trailer down here and leave your trailer here in CT. and/or stay over the weekend sometime if the weather down here is good and do some riding. Had some running around and a wake to go to today so put another 150 on my beast today.
Glenn
Thanks for the offer Glenn. I actually got out yesterday and was able to log a few more miles. The sun was shining bright and temps were warm (57 degrees in Portsmouth) :D It was great! I may take you up on the offer sometime when winter decides to set in :x

Sorry to hear about the wake you had to go to but glad you got out for a ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts