V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Myrtle Beach this afternoon. Man there were a gazillion bikes down there. I like Myrtle Beach but the traffic and the lights are a PITA. Bike did pretty good temp wise with around 205 being the highest temp I saw in traffic with the outside temp around 88 or so.

Speaking of cooling, saw a guy from Georgia with a 454 in his older Boss Hoss and he had taken the rear core out of his radiator and used three fans. 2 small pushers on the front and large puller on the back side. He said he never saw it higher than 170 in traffic. Who knows. Good concept I guess if he is right.

Got to meet Jeff Hemperly. Super nice guy. Watched Marv work on his 615ci 1000hp bike a couple of days. That bike drew a crowd of about 30 people when he finally got it running.

All in all a good time.

Chris
Ncbosshoss

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Chris
I went through myrtle beach a week before things started. I just got my bike 2002 350 and had temps no higher than 180 idling in traffic Was going to stick around but the road beconed a little to much. I didnt know there is a white and black bike week. It sort of took me by suprise as I figured all for one and one for all.
Bill

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Bill. There is indeed two different bike weeks and if you got your dates crossed you'd be in for a surpise. The other bike week is about 85% rice rockets. This is heresay as I have never attended the second one. From all I've ever heard I want no part of it.

Congrats on your new bike. I was expecting the 502 to be a warm ride but if I can keep it under 210 I'll be happy. I think I'll be adding the bigger radiator soon to help a bit more. My bike came with the smaller radiator and fan but I've changed out the fan already.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts