V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Just got back from Myrtle Beach this afternoon. Had a great time although it was short. had the priveledge of staying with Lamont and V-Man and Warren joined us last night. Mighty good people.

Got to see a good bit of folks from the board. Finally met Steve from WI and Milo and Acrophil, and Chopperman and his wife good looking Boss Hoss chopper. When you are around Boss Hoss folk you are in real good company.

Myrtle Beach is getting real big. I would not be surprised to see it match Daytona and it has 10x more things to do and places to eat. There are a few short cuts and bypasses that can get you up and down the strand pretty quick missing the stop light traffic.

Had about 25 or so (never heard a count) bosses ride from the factory rig to Ocean Blvd last night to cruise by the spectators and then onto a bar and then to eat at Planet Hollywood (nothing special about this place if you've never been IMHO). It all started out as some deal with Biker Billy and the factory guys were trying to gather as many bikes as they could for the ride. Billy went off to do a photo shoot with the Boss and we don't know where he wound up. The whole deal was he wanted to see what kind of attention the bosses got. Any of us could answer that for him...A LOT.

Got to smell lots of burning rubber I can tell ya that. :D

Chris

·
Registered
199 Posts
Myrtle

We just got back from Myrtle Beach and had a great time. We noticed more bikes showing up much earlier this year. and there were more venders everywhere.
Even so, the traffic situation was not bad. Like Chris said , with all the by-passes, you could get around the heavy stuff, or be in the thick of it if you chose to.
Don, so sorry about about your bike problems. and glad you are ok. we'll have to try to meet up again another time.
I did manage to meet Lamont and V man for the first time. Both are great guys . I wish we could have hooked up earlier in the week and been able to talk more and do some riding together.
The last time I did see Lamont on his bike, he was smoking the **** out of his tire. Perhaps that was the one for Don.
V man and I did run into each other on the road. We got to play smoke the tire a couple of times with each other before we got drenched on.
Chopperman Bill was always going the other way from our group , so I missed out on catching up and meeting with him. I wanted to see his bike in person since the pictures he sent look really great. Also his girlfriend wanted me to take her for a ride on mine( under the pretense so she could take pictures of Bill) I owe him a beer, and allot of others too.
One of our non Boss/Harley friends was extremely lucky when he was able to walk( and drive) away from his accident. We were all leaving a resturant parking lot. John did a nice burn out on his Low Rider. Then Paul did one on his Indian right in front of us. I suppose in the excitement , he twisted the throttle to the WFO point and then some. Because it locked wide open. He was half sideways and hit the curb with the tire smoking, then crashed into a soft bed of mulch and landscaping where it flipped and came to rest.... what a sight.....They picked him and his bike up, unjambed it, he started it up shaken, but ok.
The next day he was riding, sore in places, and very lucky..his tank has a big dent in it now. Perhaps that had something to do with him running out of gas a few days later. We made sure we busted his balls with that one.
We rented a limo for 5 hrs one night to check out some clubs . That was too much fun ! Poor Paul spilled a whole drink in his lap and went everywhere with wet pants. I won't get into the fine T and A we saw.
Can't wait to return again next year. Jeff

Carb Mike, the carb worked great with the temps being much warmer than here in Pa. !
I forgot this last bit. For a while, I was riding next to some guy on a 1931 flathead in stop and go traffic. That was interesting and impressive.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Lamont,

Got a call from Steve/Barb & Neal/Beth last night. They were in the Appalachian Mts on their way back from MB. Guess they stopped and rode the Blue Ridge Parkway.....said it was gorgeous. It was about 9:30 pm your time, they were sitting under the awing having a few cocktails...

Be careful, they may be in your area :lol:

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts