V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put some pullback risers on today. Big difference in handling. Joe, you were right, tach was not in the way. I had to build a couple of brackets for my fairing to extend the top ones. While I was at it, I built a small shifter extension. My floorboards are quite high so I was having to lean way forward to shift up. I wanted to keep my clearance. I put in the GM recommended thermostat today with no bypass. Temp climbs to about 220 on the gauge and stays there. The fan doesn't kick in so I have to talk to my chev guru tomorrow. I tested the fan idleing in the garage and it kicks in fine. The gauge doesn't even come up and it kicks in. I then took it for a ride and 1.5 miles later, the fan stopped. The gauge never left 220 so I'm wondering about that. It will dip to 210 or so when I idle to a stop.

This may interest somebody. I ran a wire from the fan switch to a manual switch on the dash. I also put a indicator light there. As the fan relay is switched on the ground side, I also switched the indicator light from the ground side on the switch too. Then I fed the indicator light hot from the dash lights. The result is a manual fan switch with a light and an indicator light to tell me the fan is on from the engine switch too, basically a hot temperature indicator.

I also received my overflow canister from a new outfit called Bubba's Accessories. It'll do while I wait for Barry to get my metal one in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts