V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met another Boss owner yesterday. Saturday actually. We rode 40 or so miles down to Camrose to the grand opening of a bike shop. Lots of bikes there and lots of shiny chrome to see. The Boss is a biker magnet. People were standing around our bikes the whole time we were there. I am finding that most people around here stare in disbelief at v8 bikes and most haven't heard of them before. It was particularly humorous when we started up to leave. INSTANTLY 25 people gathered and we could hardly leave. It was fun. I picked up one of those black and tan leather Indian riding coats for 60% off so it was a great stopover. Here's a few pics at my business before we took off. I'm looking forward to many more rides together Bryan, thanks.

Yesterday on Sunday, Diana rode her Glide with me and we had a great trip over to Hinton and back. 700km round trip. The weather yesterday was perfect and makes up for some of those crappy ones we had earlier.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Bad influence

Hey MF,
Wish I had known you were hooking up with Bryan. I would have warned you. He's a bad influence :twisted: . I'm still recovering from Daytona.
Conrad

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Re: Bad influence

cstraube said:
Hey MF,
Wish I had known you were hooking up with Bryan. I would have warned you. He's a bad influence :twisted: . I'm still recovering from Daytona.
Conrad
Yep...I can vouch for that statement also! :lol:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Nice pics guys but it begs the question..... WHAT ARE YA DOING ON DIRT!!!! you're not motocrossin' them Bosses are ya?? Or is that how ya make the "smokeshow"? :)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I'm glad I went up to Edmonton to meet Stu. I had another old friend to visit while I was there, and there was a bunch of guys from Calgary who wanted to go to Camrose (not far from Edmonton) to check out a new chopper shop there. So I made my rounds and made a 3 day ride out of it. I rode home on Sunday through the back roads and had just a fantastic time and perfect weather for it. There were no cops at all out there and that SB just purrs along at about 80 MPH.

I went through a few things on the Boss with Stu, because I don't think he had even seen one up close until he bought his. Not that I'm an expert yet but I've learned a few things.

The car tire I have on there is relatively sticky and I couldn't get her to boil the tire, but I got a nice blue smoky haze going for Stu. I think he got the idea. That #7 converter really helps launch the bike, pulls hard. :D

Conrad and Ricky, you guys have no idea how bad I can get. You guys should come up for a visit during our world famous Calgary Stampede. (the largest rodeo in the world). It goes for 10 days every July. Then you'll learn about bad influences. Bring Grumpy with you, lots of Bacardi here. You guys will have to carry your livers home in a wheel barrow. :beer8:

Bryan

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I forgot to tell you: In the pictures that Stu posted you will see my back fender and the design that Wag created. I emailed Wag and asked him if I could put it on and he said OK. So I put his name on there as well in the lower right corner. He also has this fender in the rotating cube on his website.

When I first saw it, it looked to me like the hand of the devil coming out of the flames, and he is talking to me saying: " If you die on this bike, you may go to heaven, but your nads are coming with me".

Keeps me careful!! :wink:

Bryan

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Bryan,

One thing I have learned in my 59 years.....know when to say 'NO'...that would be a no to the Stampede........have seen and heard many tales about that party......massive brain cell/liver masacre :lol: :capwin: :beer3: :beer8:

We'll have to have a couple if you get to Sturgis this year. Hopefully we'll all get together and take over a saloon somewhere for the day.

Tim

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
BW,
I was with you for two days in Daytona and went through 10 gallons of gas and 20 gallons of beer...not sure I could do 10 days :D
Conrad

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Conrad,

Seems to me you said you plan to go to Sturgis this year. I told you I would be there again.

So we'll hook up with Tim and learn the proper way to consume Bacardi.

If you get on a real good fitness program right away and start exercising your brain cells and liver you should be OK for Sturgis.

Bryan

:beer3:

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Hey boys,

This should be fun, Steve & Barb will be there at Glencoe and about 6 of our "rowdier" friends at the Chip..... 8)

We're going out a week early so that I make sure I get my share of the Bacardi before they get busy :lol:

I would imagine the kids who used to have the dealership in Moorhead will still be there at their house in Central City.....Marv will be there for sure with his rowdy crowd.....I still want to do that mass ride down main street one night......

Bryan, I'm taking your advise and going to start that training program tonite.....I assume Ilike any other training regimine one should start out fairly light....maybe 6 or 8 drinks the first night ??

Tim

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Grumpy:

We will be next to Barb and Steve, with a "trailer trash" 28' class C
rental....heehee. Steve bought that damn monster just to make me
look bad :oops:

Geez

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Geez,

Don't know if you seen his or not, it's gonna make most folks look bad :oops:

That should be a party....I'mm sure we'll get together across the street a couple times.

I'm really looking forward to LaCrose though...Stugis is too far out 8) :oops: :lol:

Tim

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Grumpy:

He sent me pictures, and all I can say is "WOW".......

Now if we can just stay out of Jail in Sturgis :roll:
LaCrosse :roll:
Dyersburg :roll:

Gonna be a tough year :lol:

Geez

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Geez,

I think we need to make sure Conrad is with us at all times. I think he may have a "get of jail free" card :lol: :cop2: :biker3: :biker: :capwin:

Tim

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Hell, I have enough difficulty keeping myself out of trouble but that doesn't mean I quit having fun. What about this for an idea :idea: ? Longest burnout in Sturgis gets a "Get out of jail free card" :D . Doubt though that a SD officer would give consideration to a Cleveland card anyway but I would be pleased to deliver it to the winner in jail.
xoxoxo,
Conrad

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Conrad,

We tried that a few years back at Keystone one afternoon.....I almost did it until the cop finally told that just because I prepaid the $85 to him for a burn out that his buddy across the street wouldn't have another ticket book in hand :lol: And he thought his bud had a little less humorous side.

Needless to say, I haven't spun a tire in Sturgis in the last 10 years.

Tim

1 - 20 of 23 Posts