V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Killer Headers

Just got back from Sanderson's taking Bob's Boss to have the headers made like I had on my 2000. Will pick up the low end from 10 to 15% in torque or more. If you want a set let me know so I can call them for a number. You will be dealing direct with them. My cost is $1,700 per set so should yours. Ground clearance is the same. The picture I took was with me on the ground.

Adrian
[email protected]

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5 ... aMWjFm0aNE

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe

I was told 10 to 15% but it felt more like 20.
When I first heard one it was at Sturgis and both Badger I thought it was a 502 starting up. I found out where he had the headers made and that was in TN. I called the guy and he wanted $2,500 plus he wanted me to send my bike to him for at least 1 month. Bull soup.
I went to Sanderson and ask them if they could build me a set like those and the cost. My 394 H.P. sounded like a bad 502. I know it will help your 383 a bunch.

Adrian

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Adrian...I can't see your headers or your pic here but sure am interested. If you can put me in touch with the person at Sanderson I'd appreciate it or if you can get them yourself, I'll send you a check. What about the fact hat I have the stock pipes....do they have to be changed?...Joe
Please e-mail me pics to [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe

I fixed the first post.

You should be able to see them now.

The guys name is Boyd at Sanderson's

1-800-669-2430

http://sandersonheaders.com/

Adrian

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Adrian

It's hard to tell from the picture ... is that a stepped header? I'm guessing it is a ceramic coated steel? Thanks

Don

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes they are ceramic coated. The 4 tubes turn the corner and welded to a collector with a slip joint that is clamped with a stainless steel belt clamp.
From the collector to the turn out it is 3". The original covers snap right back onto the header. When I first showed them to the folks at the Rally no less than 10 people ask where I got them, how much and how do they get a set? Sanderson needs to have a bike to build them off of so we are going on a ride leaving here Saturday for a week so that was the time I needed to have some built. I ask him if he could make up some extra sets, if folks called him or me and he said he would. When you see them you will wish you had ordered while there is a bike setting there.

Adrian

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Wish I had the extra $$$$$ right now - I'm sure they are nice and I'd like a set but I'll have to wait :?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Adrian....I still don't see your headers but Mike's I can see. What about sheilds? Do the stock ones fit or do you run them naked? Also, if I call Sanderson and mention your name will they know what I need?...Joe

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
zenbiker said:
Adrian....I still don't see your headers but Mike's I can see. What about sheilds? Do the stock ones fit or do you run them naked? Also, if I call Sanderson and mention your name will they know what I need?...Joe
Joe

Those are my headers that Mike posted. He took my picture and put it on the site.
Yes they use the original covers and tuck up under the bike. You can take the turns as you do with the
stock ones on there now.
Joe believe me they are great, sounds like a Boss Hoss should and kicks up the power.
I know that a 2000 thro 2005 small blocks are all the same but don't know about a clutch job.
You will love them.

Adrian

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Adrian...I'm in love. Must get a set. Will call you this weekend to ask some questions about clearance issues and others. That is the meanest looking setup I've seen. The large turnouts are just perfect. I'm going to end up with a 100K bike at this rate but the bike is my passion and you know your **** as much as anyone I know. I'm going for them!...Life is short and I want the best in the time I have.
I spent this much for a tire change at Stamford Boss and the installation and parts for the Joker control handlebars (a great improvement) and this seems to be a must have for me...Joe
It's only money.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Joe...
Ditto...... I`ve got a set coming too. For anyone else interested, Sanderson has Bob`s new bike there now for mock up so they can build the number of sets they can sell now. There is no Jig made up for production so when Bob`s bike leaves the shop there will be no more unless you send your own bike... Something to think about.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Tim,
I am going to call Boyd at Sanderson this morning..... I`ll see what he has to say about making up some more.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Tom:

I know of more than a few "Big Block" owners would also be of interest
if they could get a big block in for the jig set up.

Geez

1 - 20 of 49 Posts