V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2000 kannon with the one speed tranny. It has dropped a huge pink puddle of fluid in the driveway. I'm glad it waited till I got home, it hadn't leaked a drop of anything before.
The transmission oil pump seems to be the culprit. Looks like we've got to pull the tranny, can it come out the back of the bike, or do I need to pull motor/tranny together and seperate them on the floor?
While I have the tranny out, I've noticed that after quite a few burnouts, the 'automatic clutch' (torque converter) seems to slip more than before, and I'd like it to engage a little harder and sooner. Can I purchase a torque converter that has a different release point?
Help! Where could I purchase such a thing?
I'm trying to get this done asap, I'll check this board often, thanks for the help.
Thanks!
Patrick in Oregon

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Hey Patrick....
I`m glad you are enjoying your new toy. That`s the ****s it`s leaking though. Well... here`s what I know. You can call Scott or Stan at Kannon anytime. They are always willing to give advice on what they have built. You can find them by going to www.kannonmc.com. the phone number is on their website.
I am told though that the trans will come out without removing the engine. Once the lower gas tank is out, it should come out. Next... the converter and internals of the trans are ford c-4 parts. Should be able to get another 10" converter with any stall speed you want. Last... checking the fluid. There is a little plug on the left side of the trans. Make sure the bike is upright.. off the kickstand. run it for a few... engine off... remove the plug and fill to that level. I found that just a little bit low will give you a delayed... soft engagement... take off.
Hope this helps...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Patrick,

Sorry I didn't see this earlier but had some weather problems. Tommy is a great one to reply though with his tranny expertise and having owned a Kannon. I've got the chopper model so I don't know the removal process with their cruiser but...the tranny comes straight out the rear of the chopper by simply removing the rear wheel and disconnecting some wires.

I had to replace the pump on mine as a result of a misplaced overflow fitting that the rear tire ate off. Put about 3 tablespoons of crap inside the tranny and subsequently trashed the gearing in the pump. Stan or Scott @ Kannon can definitely get you a replacement pronto and will provide any info you need.

Just for your info, there is a fitting on the right side of the tranny that accommodates a pressure gauge. On the left side behind an allen bolt is a recessed allen screw that adjusts pump pressure. You can crank the bike up, put a gauge on, adjust the pressure to your liking. Really cool stuff.

I also understand that Kannon is using a new converter that has a higher stall than the 1900 rpm stall they had been using. Very reasonably priced and doing well on the smallblock nitrous motors.

Elliot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.