V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone going to the motorcycle show at the Javitts Center on Saturday (1/3/04) Thinking of riding down if it is not raining. Temps are supposed to be in the 40s.
Glenn

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Not able to make the Javitts MC show :( I will be at the New England Motorcycle Expo (Willmington, MA) Jan 10 - 11. BDADI2D (my Valk) is entered in the "Custom" show. Going to hang a sign on it and try to find a buyer ... Placed 2ND last year in the same show, hope to do as well or better this year.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
V-Man,
Nice looking bike. The only problem with the Hosses is that you get spoiled on their grunt and the other bikes just sit in the garage. Wish you luck in the show and selling it.
BTW did anyone make it to the Javitts Center. driving in downtown Manhatten is a bit focused driving with those New York city cab drivers. Show pretty good and dinner was excellent.
Glenn

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Glenn,
I went to the show on Saturday, but I was there early. Took the train into the city, and walked over to the show. Got there around 10 and left at 2. Pretty good show, but crowded. Amazing how many people were crowded around the Orange County Trailer. I tried to get a peak, but gave up.
Guess you saw New England Boss Hoss there. Did you notice the 18" wheels with the 250 on one and a 280 on the other? They said they're having the wheels made for them that are a modification design-wise of the new factory wheels. They said both front and back wheels AND tires for $2500. Not a bad deal! I'm considering.
Stay warm, the big freeze is on it's way!.....

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Glenn Boglisch said:
V-Man,
Nice looking bike. The only problem with the Hosses is that you get spoiled on their grunt and the other bikes just sit in the garage. Wish you luck in the show and selling it.Glenn
Thanks Glenn :) Before the Boss I thought the bike was FAST and BIG ... now it seems so SMALL and SLOW (in comparism) :shock:

For the bike it's best to sell it ... better then just sitting around and rotting in the garage.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Last year I went to the Javits bike show and never again will I do that! Too damn crowded and too few vendors. Felt like I was in a sardine can and it also was too friggin hot. The bike show at Wilmington,Ma this coming weekend is far superior to the NY show.

Vman is right in selling the valk. Mine too was just sitting in my cellar as it felt too small and underpowered after riding my zz4 bh. I sold my valk to my youngest son for a price to low to tell you'all. hhahaha.

Milos

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
barbarianthemadserb said:
Last year I went to the Javits bike show and never again will I do that! Too damn crowded and too few vendors. Felt like I was in a sardine can and it also was too friggin hot. The bike show at Wilmington,Ma this coming weekend is far superior to the NY show.Milos
Milos

I'll keep an eye for you in Willmington ... I think Ron and Carol are going on Saturday. Remember this picture? Looks like I was destined for the BH - Lamont just pushed me over the edge :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who ever said it dosen't cost to look , never looked. Javitts show was good and I have never gone to it before. Figured it was about time and the weather was good. Show was rather crouded and it was a circus around Orange County. Parking was easy. Parked less than 10 feet from the doors. Bike parking was on the sidewalk areas beside and in front of building and at no charge.
Glenn

·
Registered
861 Posts
Vman, I know what ya mean. Dang. Sit on A BH and you will want one for life. An itch to scratch that can never be satisfied till ya get one. Ya, go ahead and blame Lamonster. I think you were a closet BossHoss wanna-own before that.hahaahahahaa
I am shooting to go to the Wilmington bike show this Saturday but not 100% sure yet. It is THE best indoor bike show around here for sure. I'll keep an eye out for you and Ron.
Milos

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
v-man
Let us know how you make out at the show. Call me lazy but I didn't feel like driving a couple hundred miles in 0 degree weather this weekend. Maybe I am getting soft.
Glenn

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Glenn Boglisch said:
v-man
Let us know how you make out at the show. Call me lazy but I didn't feel like driving a couple hundred miles in 0 degree weather this weekend. Maybe I am getting soft.
Glenn
Glenn

I was hoping to see you there BUT I sure understand. If I was not registered and looking for a buyer I would have "passed" too :D

Won two trophies - 2ND place in class (Special Interest) and Best Engine in show. I also may have a buyer which was more important to me ... I'll find out in a week or so if he is able to get the cash together.

Here is a picture of the Valk in the show and a picture of a Bourget that was also in the show/same class. No Boss Hoss this year :( not sure why Stanford was not there ... he usually is :?:

Thanks for asking Glenn. Hope to see you around someplace before too long.

Don

1 - 11 of 11 Posts