V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I know that I don't post much but I guess I'm just one of those guys that would rather listen and learn from a lot of what you guys have to say. But I did experience something recently that I wanted to share with everyone since it affects us all...... and that's insurance on the Boss. I will try and make a long story short but let me begin. When I bought my 03 SB last year I had insurance for the Boss, my BMW 1150 GS, home, and car with one company( I won't name the company since it's irrelevant). Due to life circumstances..... I sold my house last summer and changed my home insurance to content insurance and ended selling my car since I have ordered a new one for delivery this spring. About a month and a half ago I decided that my contents insurance was too expensive for the true coverage that I needed and cancelled it. When I got my new car the quote they gave me was $550 more than what my companies group insurer quoted me. So, if you've stayed with me so far, I originally had 2 bikes, 1 car, and contents/home policies and down to just 2 bikes with them because they 1) were too expensive on car and 2) didn't need contents. WEEEELLLLLLLLLL....... 2 weeks prior to automatic renewal my broker calls me up and says he's cancelling the policy on the Boss and BMW because I'm not multiline anymore. He didn't want to "CO-OPERATE". nudge nudge wink wink. Again long story short..... did a LOT of searching for other companies to pick up the Boss and no one in Ontario except for 1 expensive company wanted to touch it. This broker had the nerve to email me that "I was not the type of client that they were looking for..." Well, after an email to the CEO of this insurance company and quoting from their webpage "the values, integrity, and comittment to customer service that they strive for", my policy was re-instated and the broker was "made aware" that he can NOT cancel policies just because I cancel others. Again, long story short..... it is called "TIED SELLING" and IT IS ILLEGAL!!! I don't know if if is the same in the States but don't let them try and pull this pressure multiline sales practice on you if you have ALREADY established policies with a company. I hope my story saves someone else some headache. Cheers and keep up with all the great info!

Matt

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Doc,

I took your advice last fall and called Cooperators right here in Cochrane. They wanted the whole package and said if I would bring them my house and truck insurance, they would insure the Boss as well. I got the Boss insurance for $883. The year before I paid $2,374. Huge difference! As it turns out, my house insurance went down by $100 and my truck went down by $200. Helluva deal :D

Bryan

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bryan,
I remember that!! That's fantastic. I just wanted to put the word out because if someone ever was being denied Boss insurance because they didn't "maintain" the whole insurance package then now they know. I still have full coverage and in the Toronto area its costing me $1500/year with not the world's cleanest record.... heavy foot and jerking wrist syndrome!!

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts