V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bryan and myself were riding up front of the gang doing our thing like usual and one of the boys catches up to us on the four lane. I didn't know for sure if he's one of the group or just passing through so I pull over and let him by. Bryan gives him a go or two but from my position in the back, I can't really tell who's on who because they have to shut it down in traffic.

We're doing 80-100 mph and the Harley's hanging in there pretty good. I've never seen that before. Apparently he's got a big S&S in there and made Bryan work for it.

I have to say I was impressed.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Yes Stu, that is one fast Harley, but I got him OK. He is a friend of mine and the Harley is 2004 Dyna Superglide. He pulled the stock engine out and put in a new 124 inch S&S, with a Super G S&S carb, and a 6-speed Baker transmission. The thing dyno'd at 138HP @ 5800 and produced 143 ft/lbs of torque @ 3800. He also has a 2 into 1 Thunderheader. The bike weighs about 600 Lbs dry and he weighs about 200. Pretty impressive!

However, at the end of the day, he has as much money tied up in that Harley as I do in my Boss Hoss. I tried to talk him into a Boss but he just wouldn't listen. But I got him thinkin'. :wink:

Bryan

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was on the usual Sunday night race track back to Edmonton after I left your place. I think I left just before 6 I recall, stopped for gas once in Bowden and pulled into my driveway at 8:10. 175 miles. I STILL was getting passed and was holding 80+ mph all the way home.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey guys, I believe you with the dyna. A friend of mine has a 04 Dyna Wide Glide, with a very similar set up except for a super * or G, some extremely touchy carb that his mech. is always tuning. Anyway, he is about 400 lbs. and gave me a really good run up to about 130 mph. :lol: I had to work a little but still no real threat. What shocked me a little was the fact that my small block left rubber on the road from a 60 - 70 mph roll. Didn't smoke or anything but surely left a mark for as long as I was on it. :shock:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I know traction depends a lot on the road surface . The other day I was playing around on a asphalt surfaced back road . I got into the secondaries at about 20 mph and of course immediately the rear wheel broke loose and at about 70 or 80 mph it really broke loose and got sideways real quick so I backed down gradually . I decided to go back and see what caused it to break loose so much at 80 . What I saw was straight patch of rubber all the way to the point where it got sideways and at that point the asphalt was very smooth compared to the rest of the asphalt surface where I started my burnout . Scared the sh-- out of me for a second there . Man I love this bike .

Jack

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
crazymf said:
I was on the usual Sunday night race track back to Edmonton after I left your place. I think I left just before 6 I recall, stopped for gas once in Bowden and pulled into my driveway at 8:10. 175 miles. I STILL was getting passed and was holding 80+ mph all the way home.
Stu, you told me you were supposed to be home by 6:30, not 8:10. How high was your wife's blood pressure when you showed up?

Bryan

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Things were under control and I was worried for nothing. If I'd have known that, I woulda stayed longer.hehe

I gotta jack it up this week and have a go at that front pulley or whatever to get this belt lined better. Let me know about those Thursday rides.

Thanks for the ride. Those were a great bunch!!

Later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts