V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The silver leaf, air brush work and final clear coating is all that remains to be completed. He said that he would definitely ship the parts out on Tuesday of next week, UPS Ground, and that would put me receiving the parts on Friday the 27th. I'll have the weekend to put every thing back together and be ready for Maggie Valley on Thursday the following week.

I'm overnighting a certified check for the final amount today and all is right with the world. That is, unless my front wheel falls off! I've never replaced a front end before....I hope I did it right!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! (to quote Steve) :lol:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah....the painter said that this has turned out to be the nicest paint job he's ever done on a B.H. He seems genuinely impressed with the out come.

This guy is very talented and that gets me very excited.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I want to see high res pics ASAP!!!!!!!

Hurry up!!!!!!!!

:D

Just got in from a ride and finished detailing did show car glaze and #26 today--she looks nice!! The best part is the white on the inside of the pipes--love what mixing the 116 with the 93 does to them !! :beer8:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Busa Dave said:
I want to see high res pics ASAP!!!!!!!

Hurry up!!!!!!!!

:D

Just got in from a ride and finished detailing did show car glaze and #26 today--she looks nice!! The best part is the white on the inside of the pipes--love what mixing the 116 with the 93 does to them !! :beer8:
I'll post pic's as soon as I get it together. I haven't seen anything myself yet....but, I can hardly wait.

Hey, I'm putting that carb you sent me on today, just as soon as I get home. I finished installing the new chrome front end and a new lower air dam. I moved the driving lights, that were jury rigged, down to the air dam. I got some new spark plug wires to put on with the new chrome wire loom and a new head light should arrive the middle of next week from Curtis.

When the paint arrives, I'll be ready for it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
That carb will be a big improvement!! Let me know what you thing when it gets on the road!!!!!!!

Oh BTW---Where are the PICS!! :D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Busa Dave said:
That carb will be a big improvement!! Let me know what you thing when it gets on the road!!!!!!!

Oh BTW---Where are the PICS!! :D
I believe that it will make a big improvement. I did notice that a lot of the screws that hold that carb together were not tight (not adjustment screws). There were quite a few that were very loose. I spent a few min. on Friday just tightening screws. I messed around until after 6:00 to decide that I needed to replace the base mount gasket. Autozone and Advanced Auto parts employees are not much more than WalMart quality and they couldn't find a new one. I had to go to CarQuest on Sat. morning to find one and some new fuel line hose. I finished that around noon on Saturday.

The paint is scheduled for ship from the painter tomorrow and I should have it by Friday this week. I'll post pictures in one week.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's ALL HERE! The UPS man delivered my new paint job TODAY! I didn't want to unpack all the stuff here at the office because I still have to get it all home. But, I did unpack a couple of pieces to get an idea of what it looks like. This is the first time I've seen what he (the painter) came up with. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
That isn't just pretty it is beautiful. Can't wait to see it all together.

Adrian

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
That is one bitchen paint job , but where the hell is the most important part , the tank ?

Jack

·
Registered
99 Posts
O' Man, Very Nice!

Can't wait to see your baby all ready for the road.

Mark

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HogV8 said:
That is one bitchen paint job , but where the hell is the most important part , the tank ?

Jack
Thanks Jack and everyone else. I took delivery of the packages here at the office and I didn't want to unpack everything here and risk scratching something up taking it all home. I didn't know which box the tank was in. I'm leaving the office now and will unpack everything there. But I don't have internet access at home so it will be Tuesday before I post anymore pictures.

I wish everyone here a great holiday weekend....I know I'll be having one! And, don't forget those guys that we are honoring on Monday!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts