V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a set of Highway pegs with an adjustable or fixed offset of around 2 to 3 inches. I have sat on a bike with standard pegs and the back of my knees touch the valve covers.
I have also tried swiveling the standard pegs but it feels hoky. The option , if there are no such animals around is to make my own I guess , and make a few more at the same time. There has to be more people out there with the same problem.

Bill

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Desert Deuce

Thanks for the reply. The roll bar I have is 1 1/2 in. in diamiter. The kuriakin pegs are for 1 1/4 in diam. Is your diam 1 1/4 or 1 1/2.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
6,643 Posts
buyarbi said:
Desert Deuce

Thanks for the reply. The roll bar I have is 1 1/2 in. in diamiter. The kuriakin pegs are for 1 1/4 in diam. Is your diam 1 1/4 or 1 1/2.

Bill
Bill

All Boss Hoss bars are 1 1/2". The part number of the Kuryakyn 1 1/2" Magnum Quick clamps is K1001 $39.95.
I made some extensions for Cozaeys bike but Kuryakyn has a good extension.

Adrian

·
Registered
624 Posts
Bill,
They are correct on the pegs from Kary-akin(sp) having the offsets. If I remember correctly the offsets have "splines" at the mating joints to prevent the offset section from swiveling. If problems getting give Debbie or Bruce a call at Stamford Boss Hoss and I am sure they can ship no problem and get you what you need. They are much better than the straight ones.
Glenn

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again guys for the info . I am knee deep in the deciding stage now. I called stamford and they were very helpful in pointing me in the right direction.The duty and b.s. at the boarder is just a joke so I am going back to getting a price from a machine shop and compare just for spite.

Bill

·
Premium Member
7,038 Posts
Bill,

I know a very liable shop in Airdrie, Alberta, Canada that can supply what you need from Kuryakyn and ship to you...HINT...HINT...they are a new business that could use the business! Also...I hear the owners are really great guys HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Barry

I try and keep my spending local to Moosejaw if possible. A small custom bike parts shop opened here a year ago and in a town of 36000 people , most of them being over 50, it is a tough go . I dont even know why he would attempt a shop here, but here he is. Tried to get some business your way when I was out there but family came first. Next time .

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts