V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Arlen Ness headlight and I need to know how to get the front cover off. I can see the set screw under the light but my question is does the bezel or cover screw off or pop off? I know I might a bit vaque here but I don't want to break anything trying to do it bassackwards.

Tonight on the way home when I went from low beam to high there was about a second delay before the light switched over. I gotta feeling my swith in there may be getting ready to go. I already have the good NAPA switch to replace the cheap factory one.

Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
If it works like the headwinds light, you take out the set screw then the ring unscrews. After that there is a second ring that also unscrews.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That is what I figured but I couldn't get it off. I'll have to resort to some elbow grease I guess.

Chris

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Chris ...the outer ring can be a bitch to remove because you can't get a good enough grip on it to turn it. Put a piece of rubber under each thumb and turn counterclockwise after you've removed the set screw.
Don't drop the set screw because you'll never find it again because it will have gone into the neverland that all small fasteners go when dropped. The second inner ring needs a pick into one of the slots. The headwinds comes with a tool but an awl will do fine. Before you reassmble, put a small amount of ant-seize on the threads of the rings so next time will be a lot easier...Joe

·
Registered
481 Posts
Having a 1999 350 SB, I needed to change out my headlight. I ordered a '05 headlight from MBH, with mounts. It cost me $ 310.00 with shipping.
I am a happy puppy!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
How about posting a close up picture of it . I haven't seen one yet .

What's so different about them compared to the 99 ?

Thanks,
Jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts