V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: The rear brakes on my 2003 Boss Hoss, have been a problem from day one. Aside from being poor at best, when they are working, I only get 1500-2000 miles out of each set of pads. Is everyone else experiencing the same problems.
Has anyone tried a Spiegler 8 Piston Caliper????? Seems like more Pad surface area on the rotor would have to help! I have one on order, but I probably should have checked with you guys first. The Spiegler Calipers are very expensive. (Almost $600.00). I figure It's money well spent, if it does the job? Hate to throw money away if it's not going to help!

Chopper Dave

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Don't yell at me for this.

Perhaps use them less. I rode for 3 weeks with no back brake at all and didn't really notice any difference. To me they're just there to keep your back wheel behind you in an emergency stop.

Could be your riding habits.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear Brakes

No, I baby the hell out of my rear brakes, using mostly the front brakes!
Have 12,000 miles on the front brakes, and the pads are still very good!
Don't get mad at me, but if you ran a couple weeks without any rear brakes, now we know why your called CRAZYMF!!

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
No back brake is still better than not riding.............Agreed?

Besides I was 400 miles from home when it happened. I got used to it by the time I got home. And then I forgot to order parts, and then I couldn't find parts, and then I forgot to put the parts in, etc.

I was merely demonstrating that I can firmly plant my foot squarely in my mouth once in a while.

I do know an old phart that doesn't use his front brake at all, never has, never will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts