V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The V8 Banana finally arrived after I bought it on 6/8 and had to do the finance, insurance and shipping thing from Texas to California.

My first 5 minute ride turned out to be 45 mins. Oh what a blast! I was amazed at the windvest as I blew by a couple of cars at over a ton and felt like I was behind a larger shield. Did the mad laugh in the helmet thing as Hoss ZZ4 and I whisked out way through Riverbank. Stopping at the stop signs and lights was fun. Watching passers by gape and drool, then smile while I listened to the gurgle of the V8 and felt the impatient motor tugging at the front brake lever.

Many thanks to Adrian who helped recruit me as a rider, put up with all my questions, emails, phone calls and helped the novice truck driver unload the bike yesterday.

I'm stoked. As Mosa said in an email to me, it's gonna take a while to get used to cornering. The bike is so fast and does what it does so effortlessly that I'm going have to pay attention. My TwoBrosRacing/RaceTech/Works Performance Valkyrie was very forgiving in the bends, if I zoned out, but I'm going to have to watch Hoss ZZ4 a little closely through the curves.

Thanks to all for the help thus far. Much appreciated.
Aldo

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Aldo,

Congrats.......funny thing, we've all posted the exact same feelings at one point or another :lol:

It does take a bit of getting used to the handling....I think the big change is how fast it is, but because of the weight it lulls you into no closing distances.

Be safe and have a ball.

TIm

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Mine has been dubbed an easter egg on wheels by my wife. A few more far out paint jobs and we will have the whole food group covered.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts