V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys have a picture of what your grooved tire looks like? I tried a "search" but I must be missing something? :? Thanks


PS
Moved this up to it's own thread to get it off the V-Rod FAT Kit
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,643 Posts
I have one of the grooving tools and if anyone wants to use it I will send it to you and you send it back. You will need to pay the mail cost but that is a bunch cheaper than buying one you will use only a few times.
Contact me at [email protected] and it is on the way.

Adrian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
I didn't groove mine as far as Lamont did. I only went half way. I figured that I would get better traction and water displacement. It works better than it did before. I don't ride in the rain much though. Only when I get caught in it. :x


Hoss

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
Hoss,
By the looks of the rust on that rear rotor, you haven't been out since Daytona!!...... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
You got that right Brother. We had a week of great weather, but I was out of town helping to move my parents from PA to NY. What a pain in the ass that was. Now we got more snow today. I trailered through rain on the way home from Daytona. Got rust on both rotors. I am hoping to get them clean soon.

Hoss
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,619 Posts
That isn't my tire either although mine is grooved the same way. I think it might be Elvis's tire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks EVERYONE! I've never "grooved" a tire before, I don't like the idea that the tire designed and recomended for the Boss has to be modified (grooved) in order to be safe of wet roads! My 250 is not great on wet roads BUT it sounds better then the 230 :?

I ended up getting my own stock wheels back from dealer and the stock tires are still mounted (brand new). I figure instead on wasting the rubber I would just use them and have some fun with the 230 :D :D :D Once the 230 is gone I will mount a car tire on the wheel (they squeel so much better then the AVON does eh Lamont :D ) and use that set-up for "play mode" ...

PS
Thanks Tim for the offer on your rear wheel. I wanted to see if I could get my originals first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,598 Posts
I had the same rear tire whine that most do with the stock Avon. After the grooving, however, the whine is gone. Also got caught in 400 miles of T-storms with torrential rain on the last leg of my cross country trip last year and the fully grooved Avon worked flawlessly! I highly recommened it. A vast improvement over stock. When you guys change to the 250 rear or other front tires than the Avons...be sure to check out the load ratings. I've seen none as great as the stock Avons which is why I stay with them.
Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ncbosshoss said:
Hey Vman. Your pic of bike looks great. Turned out good, eh?

Chris
Thanks Chris! :D The picture in my signature is actually a picture of the picture! The real pic looks much better, color is more even and not as dark either. I sent e-mails and called him to ask if he could send me the picture (low resolution) through e-mail to use on website - I NEVER got an answer back from him :? As helpful as they were in person they have been just as unhelpful (if that's a real word) now ... I don't think I could recomend them for that reason alone :( I had planned to have some cards made through him using the photo - NOT anymore!

PS
I know he gave low resolution copies of the pictures to a couple other guys ... that is why I did not see a problem to have a low resolution pic e-mailed to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
V-MAN said:
Ncbosshoss said:
Hey Vman. Your pic of bike looks great. Turned out good, eh?

Chris
Thanks Chris! :D The picture in my signature is actually a picture of the picture! The real pic looks much better, color is more even and not as dark either. I sent e-mails and called him to ask if he could send me the picture (low resolution) through e-mail to use on website - I NEVER got an answer back from him :? As helpful as they were in person they have been just as unhelpful (if that's a real word) now ... I don't think I could recomend them for that reason alone :( I had planned to have some cards made through him using the photo - NOT anymore!

PS
I know he gave low resolution copies of the pictures to a couple other guys ... that is why I did not see a problem to have a low resolution pic e-mailed to me.
Mark was is a rally in LA, he just got back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LaMonsterV8 said:
Mark was is a rally in LA, he just got back.
Lamont
That info makes me feel "some" better but I have been trying to contact him almost from the time I got home from Daytona. I know somebody printed and mailed the order so someone should have gotten the e-mails or phone messages ... and made an attempt to contact me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update - The Rest Of The Story

V-MAN said:
LaMonsterV8 said:
Mark was is a rally in LA, he just got back.
Lamont
That info makes me feel "some" better but I have been trying to contact him almost from the time I got home from Daytona. I know somebody printed and mailed the order so someone should have gotten the e-mails or phone messages ... and made an attempt to contact me!
I talked to Kim last night about this ... apparently she did speak to Mark. She had also been trying the telephone number and leaving messages - she never got a return call BUT she did reach him one afternoon. He told her that he did e-mail me (I never got anything). He also told her that it would cost $20 - $25 to send me a "screen shot" (low resolution pic) to my e-mail. Kim did not want to pay him for the shot because she thought $200 spent in Daytona they should have included a "screen shot" :oops: It's certainly is not the money it's the principal and I agree!

Oh well I just wanted to post the "FULL STORY" now that I know it. I thought that would be the fair thing to do.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top