V8 Bike Riders Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.... I got my headers Friday night at 8:30. The install was so easy I Left on a 150 mile ride at 9:00 Saturday morning. They sound AWESOME!!! I also noticed an improvement in power when pulling hard above 3500 rpm. Before I took my old pipes off I measured from the rear corner of the frame to the bottom of the pipe for ground clearance. With the old pipes I measured 3 inches. With the sandersons installed I measured 3 3/16 inches. Boyd really did a super job!!!!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Tom...I love it! Boyd told me mine will be sent out next week. He told me he doesn't have copper gaskets but will send a tube of special silicone. What did you use? I'm happy about the ground clearance thing although I'm not happy about losing 3/8"
What about performance at lower RPMs? What about the look?....Joe

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe...
I used the stock gaskets with nothing additional and have no leaks. The head flanges are exceptional and I see no problem with warpage there ever. I noticed he used the silicone on Bob Posey`s bike but I don`t think it is necessary.
I can feel a performance gain all the way through the power band and when runnind along at 80 they sound SWEET! The loss of ground clearance is well worth it considering the advantages. Besides.... the turn outs are replaceable if they get too scraped up for your liking.
Oh... I was just looking at my last post. 3/8 inch is incorrect.... :oops: the difference is 3/16 iinch..... Not a hell of a lot... :lol: just under 1/4 inch which is good considering the pipe is 1/2 inch bigger.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AND THEY LOOK BADD ASSS!!!!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Tommy,

Thanks for the measurment. Talked to Boyd yesterday and mine are about 9 days out I guess. He was waiting to talk to you before he started making too many off the jig I guess.

Can't wait now :lol:

Tim

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope... they fit beautifully.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Adrian said:
They don't just look that way, the sound that way.

Adrian

Adrian, Tom - do the Sanderson headers sound much deeper than stock?
I would like to have my VROOOOM a lot deeper. I really like these
Sandersons, but I hope I can resist. I already saved the pictures to my
harddrive - that's usually the beginning of my finacial ruin ...hehehe

I have lot's of ground clearance for the headers- but always a thin
wallet :?

Damn - always nice upgrades just when I thought she's done...hehehe
Maybe next winter, but don't tell Ramona :lol:

Thanks,
Loaf

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Olaf....
They give the bike that deep throaty rumble.... Sounds like a big block :lol:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can`t wait to hear the responses from you guys.... :lol:

·
Registered
838 Posts
TJzz4 said:
Hi Olaf....
They give the bike that deep throaty rumble.... Sounds like a big block :lol:
Tom,
damn- wish you wouldn't have told me. I have to have them, too. :lol:

I'll order a set after this season - definatly.

Thanks,
Loaf

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I rode aroung the neighborhood a little last night.... Slow 25 mph cruise just listening to that wonderful GRRRRRRR of the pipes. I noticed a lot more people seem to stop and take a long look a lot sooner than before. lot`s of smiles and thumbs up...... WAY COOL!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok... my puter is down at home though. I`ll take some and post them tomorrow at work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts